DFI Expert CPU temp sensor reporting incorrectly?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my temp problems are even more unnerving. my expert BIOS reports my opty 175 (unsupported, i know) idling at (-) 116C! is this negative 116C? cuz smartguardian reports it at around +140C! *sigh*

my board was shipped with 11/02 bios. i tried all the BIOS's on TMOD's CD but none of them fixed the problem. now back to 11/02.

OK some more measuring

Opteron 165 at 2.6GHz 1.44v under load with dual SP2004 blend with manual affinities

reported vcore idle 1.45v

reported vcore load (smartguardian) 1.43v

reported vcore idle/load CPUZ 1.44v

case side Open...........amient temp 25C

PWM reported temp=34C

Temp probe measurement on one of the heatsinks = 40.5C

putting a fan over PWM area dropped a staggering 14C in reported temps :eek2: from 48 to 34........with closed case/no fan it was 54C reported (don't even want to think about actual temps :rolleyes: )......crazy

reported CPU temp = 31C

temp probe measured = 37C on side of heatsink(not sure if it was touching CPU heasink)

*****note putting a fan on PWM reduced my CPU temp from 36C to 31C*****

chipset reported = 43C

measured = 46C

TCCD RAM with 2.7v under load 33C with fan and 34C without fan (slow spinning 92mm fan....running on 5V)

temp7lh.jpg

Ok, it's cold out, but not THAT cold. Check out these temps, at stock, aircooled with fan full-on :D

cold2fb.th.jpg

Then again, when oc'ing the cpu to 260, vcore 1.54 (read straight off the mobo - smartguardian reads 1.52) at full load I'm getting temps at 28/29.

Temp probe on hsf (fwiw) reads 26.

Cause for concern? I dunno - no meltdowns yet, but it makes oc'ing sth of a guessing game!

mine idles at 45C (though its idling at 38 atm ... ) with the stock cooler cpu fan running at around 1300 - 1400 rpm (according to the bios)

MBM 5 reports the same thing, except it believes the fan is running at 7000rpm

Haven't really had time to put it under a load yet :S

if it weren' for the LEDS, i'd forget that the thing is even on its that quiet.

mine idles at 45C (though its idling at 38 atm ... ) with the stock cooler cpu fan running at around 1300 - 1400 rpm (according to the bios)

MBM 5 reports the same thing, except it believes the fan is running at 7000rpm

Haven't really had time to put it under a load yet :S

if it weren' for the LEDS, i'd forget that the thing is even on its that quiet.

have you got a temp probe to check the temps physically on side of the heatsink at least

no, i think one of my mates has a infra red (or laser or whatever) thermometer which i am gonna borrow and see;

if i can't get that, i'll have to pick up a probe

Its not hot to touch, but it is quite warm

i bought a $8 from coolpc in queensland i think they are......it's accurate to within +/- 1C .....just do a search on their website