DFI Expert CPU temp sensor reporting incorrectly?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said very early in the thread, I recommend adding 8-10 degrees to the temperature readings of MBM5. Use whatever software monitoring utility you wish, but it's best to err on the side of caution.

maaaaan it's more than 8-10C for me and a few of these other entries i can see here......it's higher than that

And I was basically saying "better add at least ten degrees" :)

Is there a way to turn this into a poll?

off by 0-4, 4-8, 8-12, 12-16, 16 or more?.

5 choices. Make it easy. can a mod do this?

may prove interesting if we can get some responses.

Polls "peter out" to fast here. Not enough replys.

Got a new board, gonna see what I get. :)

problem with that is at what OCs and vcore and ambient are we taking these results.....i believe that the more vcore and OC you push the more degrees difference there will be on given cooling...................i'm comparing extreme difference STOCK VS High OC you know what i mean......

have you not seen the long thread and poll that I created on this issue?

check it out:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40852

If you take the time to coorelate the votes with the data subsequently posted in the thread, you will see that even some of those who believe that their readings are accurate are in fact reporting temps unrealistically low. Then there are many, like myself, who believe the reading is much higher than 10C low.

go check it out...251 votes and counting :)

Sorry, palehorse, it's an excellent poll. But still not enough replys :(

I was looking for something more "Expert" oriented.

Poll is very broad and I would imagine that more Experts are "Off" then Ultra-Ds.

And I think all the Infinity boards are off. The range seems broad to me to.

problem with that is at what OCs and vcore and ambient are we taking these results.....i believe that the more vcore and OC you push the more degrees difference there will be on given cooling...................i'm comparing extreme difference STOCK VS High OC you know what i mean......

It sure would be nice when people are posting their thoughts/results to include a screenshot of Monitoring software and overclock as discussed above.

Sorry, palehorse, it's an excellent poll. But still not enough replys :(

I was looking for something more "Expert" oriented.

Poll is very broad and I would imagine that more Experts are "Off" then Ultra-Ds.

And I think all the Infinity boards are off. The range seems broad to me to.

It sure would be nice when people are posting their thoughts/results to include a screenshot of Monitoring software and overclock as discussed above.

I've not had time to read through this whole thread, but are you saying the temps are reported wrong in the BIOS, as well as in temp monitoring programs? The reason I ask is what I get through MBM seems comparable to what I see in the BIOS (ie: BIOS shows a top end of 31C while sitting for a while and going to my desktop will show me 28C after it's been there a while). Since the BIOS is supposed to report higher then just sitting at the desktop, that seems about right to me. My temps seem to rise and fall from there about how I'd expect (say when I come out of a game I'm around 40C and during 2 instances of Prime95 I've hit 42C). I wouldn't be surprised to find the reporting is off a little, but 10C or more sounds quite high to me, since part of the appeal of this platform was that it was cooler running then my old Intel rig.

I've not had time to read through this whole thread, but are you saying the temps are reported wrong in the BIOS, as well as in temp monitoring programs? The reason I ask is what I get through MBM seems comparable to what I see in the BIOS (ie: BIOS shows a top end of 31C while sitting for a while and going to my desktop will show me 28C after it's been there a while). Since the BIOS is supposed to report higher then just sitting at the desktop, that seems about right to me. My temps seem to rise and fall from there about how I'd expect (say when I come out of a game I'm around 40C and during 2 instances of Prime95 I've hit 42C). I wouldn't be surprised to find the reporting is off a little, but 10C or more sounds quite high to me, since part of the appeal of this platform was that it was cooler running then my old Intel rig.

Most of the monitoring programs draw their readings from the exact same location as BIOS, therefore the readings should be the exact same. (The only differences would be in programs that have built in deltas and whatnot).

And yes, sadly, some of our Expert boards are 10-20C low in their readings.

Most of the monitoring programs draw their readings from the exact same location as BIOS, therefore the readings should be the exact same. (The only differences would be in programs that have built in deltas and whatnot).

And yes, sadly, some of our Expert boards are 10-20C low in their readings.

Well, I could live with 10C off. Any more and I'd be a little nervous... :(