DFI Expert CPU temp sensor reporting incorrectly?

Guest Bulldog

Just need the CPU ID code, but if you want to add the stepping code then that would be fine as well.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mean ANY offense at all with this Q, but I'm curious: What do the CPU ID codes have to do with this specific issue?

Since the temp diode is on the processor package, it might help to know which CPU ID codes are involved.

However if you guys can can report the "ADA..." codes imprinted on the surface of your CPUs it would help alot. I will check back in a few days and gather the reported codes and see if we can get a pattern out of this.

ihs1.jpg

some 10 ºC lower

ADA3700DAA5BN

CABGE 0515SPMW

I suspected a low temp reading, i am on water but all my previos boards and temp sensor on the water block are showing about 8-12 degrees higher than the bios or smartguardian, (29-32) think its definatly more like 42+, my temp sensor on water block reads as 36/7 degrees so with a block that cool its not gonna make my cpu cooler, goto be around 42+

Tried my new opteron 148 CABYE 0543 and the temps are identical, still low.

Add me to what ever list you are making, would prefer a fix if its out there..

thanks guys.

Mines an opteron 165, right now it's at 250x9 at stock voltage, the temps in nVMonitor are 28C idle, 38C under dual prime95, I'm sure they can't be this low. here's my CPU info:

Opteron 165

OSA165DAA6CD

CCBWE 0547TPMW

BTW, has anyone confirmed exactly how much the temps are off by, or does it vary? I'm afraid to overclock too much without accurate temps.

I dont even know if mine is correct - I didn't come from another board. This is my first S939 build-up, so I have no reference for my CPU's temp.

However, it is around 25*C idle and around 43*C under load.

Guest Bulldog

Ok thanxs for those codes. I will discuss this matter with my fellow techs in Taiwan and see if we can get this nailed down.

what should my idle and load temps be approx?

my system is in the sig and running stock timings.

if u let me know ill dual prime it report back with smart guardian temps and my codes.

Also i have at work a decent laser thermometer and ill check the temps out tonight for comparision