Asus vs. DFI (For stability)

Nero.Jacinth

You're judging a piece of electronic equipment that connects to and controls every part of your computer, by the way it looks?

If you want the Asus, go for the asus because it's a better board, not because it looks better..

I have both boards, and i like the DFI the most as far as OC go but i use the ASUS now because i had other probs with the DFI board and could be arsed to play around with it, both boards are top quailty @ the end of the day, im a newbie to OCing but its easy to see why OC'ers buy them, loads more options for getting ur rig perfect and stable, unlike the ASUS which is limited and some what more confussing than the DFI, as for looks lol whats the matter with you, its loud and proud! Oh @ stock the ASUS did bench better but not enough to shout about, but every little helps lol :D

I realize what forum I am posting this on, but I would still like to get some straight-forward answers.
And that is what you will get based upon each individual person's experience.

I plan to overclock to maybe 2.6 at the most and I am looking for stability.
From my experience either board does fine, though I do prefer the Expert for the expanded memory and overclocking options.

Plus the DFI mobos are so incredibly ugly and the Asus is awesome looking.

P.S. Is it possible to paint the slots a different color without messing with much?

As has been stated previously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Straight to the point: I know of no manufacturer that would allow you to paint the slots and still retain your warranty.

If you want the expanded OCing options, go with the DFI SLI-DR Expert.

If you don't want the expanded OCing options, go with the Asus.

I haven't received my SLI-DR Expert so I can't relate any experience at this point in time.

I have built 2 systems with the Asus A8N SLI Deluxe and quite honestly, I am not impressed one bit in terms of performance, at stock or overclocked settings, when comparing it with the DFI SLI-DR or SLI-D, using the exact same hardware in each instance.

Remember, opinions / experiences I express in this post are uniquely relative to only myself. Only you can decide which features/options/looks suit your needs/tastes.

Gee, I wonder what kind of answer you'd get at the ASUS forums... :tooth:

I can understand asthetics... red and black... hmmm.... that'd be MSI color scheme.

Well... for STABILITY sakes, either board should be stable if you want to do some mild overclocking. If you want to make your $XXX.xx processor behave like it's big brother... I'd go with DFI. I've been a diehard ASUS/Abit fan for over a decade, but with the NF4 chipset, DFI has shown me the "light".

This Ultra-D is my first ever DFI produced board and it has impressed me! What's even more impressive is the amount of support for these boards right here at DFI-Street!

If you're worried about how the DFI will look in your case.... maybe a few beers will help.... I know a lot of guys who leave the bar with a "Broom Hilda" looking chick on a regular basis.... it has to be the beer!!! or maybe the YagerBombs???

Good Luck, whichever board you decide on.

I have a number of Asus boards and a DFI SLI-DR.

I have no stability problems with any of my boards. Of course the Asus is a pain to work with to evaluate your best overclock but once there I have no problems with either.

However, the lack of ECC support in the DFI will force me to buy an Asus board for my new server.