OMG, Made a break through! (sorta)

i have had the vcore maxed at 2v and it still wont do 2.6Ghz. playah has had it at 2.5Ghz at 1.7v yet i need 1.85v to be stable. i think its the difference of the VR's used on the infinity and this chepo U400S. i can post at 2.8Ghz though (set the FSB wrong by mistake). i can go up to 2.7Ghz in windows but its suicide. ive gone through 2 different PSU's to see if that made a difference, which it did not. i currently am using a 24pin 460w Vantec ION2 with the 20 pin adapter.. not a power issue i dont think...

EDIT:

both sticks of my ram are good, both pass memtest all day long at 230Mhz 2.5-3-3-6. i have my one stick running in the slot farthest from the cpu, if i overclock my FSB above 200 using any other slot i get memtest errors. however keep in mind i cant run 2 sticks of ram at all in any slot at any FSB, i just want 1Gb ram to work now, even if its only at 166Mhz FSB :(.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was recomended the lanparty board before i upgraded from the K7S5A, i red over it and look at options but when i went to buy it the price was too much. all i needwant to do is disable CPC and get that x800xl, a whole new mobo would be a big waste and selling isnt a option :(. so i have come to depend on you experts here at the "street" to help me. i know of another member in another forum named jan that did some bios moding for my old M599LMR (SS7) but i trust you guys here more ;).

No, simply because it's not up my alley. But if you feel like doing it please have a good one and astonish us with your findings. Maybe shinobi, who's already done some great work with different infinity bios files can give you a short explanation of how to go with it.

Well, I have a decent amount of time to look into that presently. That's most likely going to change pretty quickly though. If it doesn't and it looks like I'd have the interest and patience to mess with, then I'll definitely say something. Thanks for mentioning that to me though.