OMG, Made a break through! (sorta)

Cool :), sounds good.

That other board though must be messed up :(.

On my end today it seems I've improved stability.

Before hand I let her run 11hrs of prime at 266 in dc.

Still not s&m stable though.

Normally need 1.8v vdd and 2.9v vmem though for s&m with the setup I was using.

I was using 1.7v vdd and 2.8v vmem however so I guess it's to be expected, but hey ^^.

Priming 275 just for the heck of it, with a setup I know is'nt gonna be 100% stable.

Well I dn, shoudl'nt be.

Time will tell I guess.

Stability has been improved and so has speed so who knows.

A few mins ago it dawned on me that I've been copying the wrong romsip into this latest bios :.

I'll worry about that later I guess.

I have still yet to track down what's really going on though.

Eventually I will.

Offtopic wise.

I just watched pirates in the carribian 2 this morning, decent movie :).

My guess is that there's gonna be a part 3.

I think 252x10 @ 1.8v is pretty good though btw :).

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holly Cr*p!!!

I can't believe it's you again, NEO!!!

We missed you badly!!

BTW, I think my mem controller is dieing.. As it won't pass a single memtest run.. tried it with the same settings it passed 12h prime95 blend test... hundreds of errors on test #5....

And if I try default optimized settings (200fsb, DC), it will hardlock in 4 to 5 seconds... it just sucks...

BTW I'm runing now

FSBXMultipplier: 252MHz x 9.5

Main timings: 2.5-2-2-2-8-9-12-2T

Alpha timings: 2-2-2-3-2-0-4

Drive Strenghts/Slew Rates:1-10, 5-11, 5-11 (CPU, 512MB, empty slot, 512MB - TCCD)

Reading: 3886MB/s

Writing: 4024MB/s

Copying: 3934MB/s

Latency: 68.5ns

The strange thing is that if I loose these timings, it will give even more errors.... CAS3.0 = no boot... if I thight, the same happens... tried other BIOSes too, but the same still happens... and those sticks (thanks god) are still ok, as tested under nf4 plataform...

Just to take it out of question, I did what Charlie22911 said... took off the PSU cover, checking for leaked CAPs... but everything was fine.. no burnt or melt marks nor smell, no leaking... just a lot of dust :D

So i thought it could be the mem controller... and even thought about vmoding her, but, just for testing, I went all the way up to 1.9Vdd, wich produced more errors than 1.7Vdd on memtest...

But, yet, Prime95 will run for hours and hours....

Try:

4-11, 2-11, 2-11

Or

4-11, 4-11, 4-11

Sometimes when you think you have finally got it down for drivews and slews, you don;t :(.

I myself am using 4-11, 2-11, 2-11 half the time.

At 266 this does better:

1-10, 10-1, 2-11

But at 275 the 1st, generic, does better :.

The samsung is the one that's allways 2-11 because I'm never sure what to use for it.

If you're getting major probs at 200, then I dn :( ...

Edit:

Oh, Just re-read your post.

Should try:

2-11, 4-11, 2-11

Or all 4-11's.

Edit:Oh, Just re-read your post.Should try:

2-11, 4-11, 2-11

Or all 4-11's.

4-11 has alway's seemed to work best for me both with TCCD and UTT-CH5. I've never been able to work out why two such different ic's work best with the same drives and slews, dead odd that.

Holly Cr*p!!!

I can't believe it's you again, NEO!!!

We missed you badly!!

BTW, I think my mem controller is dieing.. As it won't pass a single memtest run.. tried it with the same settings it passed 12h prime95 blend test... hundreds of errors on test #5....

And if I try default optimized settings (200fsb, DC), it will hardlock in 4 to 5 seconds... it just sucks...

BTW I'm runing now

FSBXMultipplier: 252MHz x 9.5

Main timings: 2.5-2-2-2-8-9-12-2T

Alpha timings: 2-2-2-3-2-0-4

Drive Strenghts/Slew Rates:1-10, 5-11, 5-11 (CPU, 512MB, empty slot, 512MB - TCCD)

Reading: 3886MB/s

Writing: 4024MB/s

Copying: 3934MB/s

Latency: 68.5ns

The strange thing is that if I loose these timings, it will give even more errors.... CAS3.0 = no boot... if I thight, the same happens... tried other BIOSes too, but the same still happens... and those sticks (thanks god) are still ok, as tested under nf4 plataform...

Just to take it out of question, I did what Charlie22911 said... took off the PSU cover, checking for leaked CAPs... but everything was fine.. no burnt or melt marks nor smell, no leaking... just a lot of dust :D

So i thought it could be the mem controller... and even thought about vmoding her, but, just for testing, I went all the way up to 1.9Vdd, wich produced more errors than 1.7Vdd on memtest...

But, yet, Prime95 will run for hours and hours....

Passes prime but fail's memtest. Passes memtest on nf4? Have you tried manally entered default settin's? That's what I've been using for along time. T1? Optimised fails. Have you tried 1 stick atta' time? 1 slot atta' time? Could be dirty Dimm slots. But yeah bad mem controllers happens. The 1 on my infinity werks great in S-C. But in D-C mode really really bad.

Tried default settings manually entered... this will cause a hardlock... Tried 1 stick per time... reduces a tiny little bit the number of errors, but still, won't cut it.... dirty DIMM slots is what I thought some days ago, before I gve her a nice isopropanol wash...

The weird thing is that shee won't work at all with 2x512MB under the same channel... only DC...

Wierd, same sort of prob here bud.

I lose my timings at 275, unstable.

I made a new bios to compensate, ok, working, but...

Way less stable at lower timings.

It seems to be a bios issue.

However, what does'nt make sence is that I know what my rig shoudl beable to do, and this just does'nt match up at all.

tREXT of 3 exactly.

I can't doit.

In a diff bios I made, I can, but can't do tREXT of 0.

Very very strange.

I believe I can fix it down the raod, but still, like I said, it does'nt match to previous runs at all.

I'd also liek to note, after I made the custom bios, and took it for a spin.

Superpi 1m went down, and then down again.

After trying 275x9, with very little luck(boot4ed, memtest unstable, started going down the drain...), my 1m times went up 5secs at the same exact setup, same exact bios.

From 40secs(which seemed like normal really), to 45secs :.

Around 45secs(and lower) is something I've been getting recently with a great deal of diff configs.

Slow I mean.

The bios chnage.

What I had to do is tell the bios that my syst5em can't keep up with the speed, ie my system is slower.

Memory wise.

This worked.

However, like I said, lower timings went to crap.

I wondered, if I would'nt of screwed it up by trying for to much, when I knew I shoudl of waited...

If I could of used tREXT of 0.

I don't know right now.

In any caswe, this is why I just backed off, decided not to run s&m.

Because s&m is one of the things that haws been taking me backwards.

It errors out, I lose stability.

So I backed off to 266, and I've decided to hammer it one step at a time to get it back to nromal, back int he old days normal.

I'm priming 268 now.

Read in the other thread about it ;), 33hrs of prime before I cancled, 3 instances of prime at that.

No odd probs like I was having before either.

So...

I'm just gonna hammer it back into place.

Eventually getting 275 again(which I've gotten a few times in the last few days, even 276 s&m stable).

However, I'm using tighter timings, timings that have got me 278 prime stable one time it's this rig's entier life.

It's extremely fast like that too, so I'm going for it :).

You know what's strange though?

I can run 3 instance of prime now, and compile at the same time, plus watch a movie, very strange.

"aeka", you seem a lot like neoaether...

okay guys, i have said this alot, but now, unless something changes, im not going to fool with computers for a while. school has been in for a while and im working my A-Double-S off trying to get caught up. unless im get on the ball and back on track its likely i will be a failure in the workforce. sOoOo, that why i have been absent, i want get in collage, get A+ cert to start with and go from there, something like maybe a novell cert since i have some experience in that. reason its so hard is because i did no work, i was socially promoted all the way from 3rd grade, and only because i could pas some tests, no, some years later i cant multiply OR divide much less all the nifty little other things that go with it and im screwed. so here i am working like a freaking diesel engine trying to get caught up. so thats the way it goes... these last two years are going to be hell.

"aeka", you seem a lot like neoaether...

okay guys, i have said this alot, but now, unless something changes, im not going to fool with computers for a while. school has been in for a while and im working my A-Double-S off trying to get caught up. unless im get on the ball and back on track its likely i will be a failure in the workforce. sOoOo, that why i have been absent, i want get in collage, get A+ cert to start with and go from there, something like maybe a novell cert since i have some experience in that. reason its so hard is because i did no work, i was socially promoted all the way from 3rd grade, and only because i could pas some tests, no, some years later i cant multiply OR divide much less all the nifty little other things that go with it and im screwed. so here i am working like a freaking diesel engine trying to get caught up. so thats the way it goes... these last two years are going to be hell.

Hehe. Yeah I think fer' sure that's who it is.

A+cert it used to be pretty easy. You get yer' cert try to open yer' own shop. Alot of computer repair is scam. I've werked on many computers after they left some repair places. Not the same computers that went in. (same case though)

One of my best friend's has a small shop. Most honest one I've ever met. But man can he talk em' a good deal. LOL You'd have to meet him to understand I really enjoy watchin' him werk (with) his customers.. If you think school is tuff wait til' you meet some of these computer lusers. I mean users. I myself don't have the patients for them. The computers I like them,they are easy. The poeple that own them won't listen don't believe ya' when you tell em' stuff. Some of them will think you put the virises in their computers. Weirdness adinfinidem. Some of it's really funny though. About the math I'm pretty sure they'll let you use a calc most of the time. Except maybe in the final exam. (Side's wha'z math got to do w/fixin' computers?)LOL Here(AZ)at the colledge the A+cert text books are based on windows. (lotsa networking.) You'll make it. I'm sure of it.

PS Check out the 3ghz-club superpi race! Guess whos got some pretty decent pi's on his nf4. It won't be long til' I fall toward the bottom of the list. I'm aimin' for the middle though.(I can't get ggg stable but I can post up a ok 32mpi.)LOL

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...142&postcount=3

• 3 weeks later...

been real busy, doing C++ at the moment as well as staying after school 3 of the 5 school days, and computer repair on top of that. anyways, i had both my HDD go out on me this week, makes me sick. both are WD800JB drives. i have a 250GB WD on the way, should be here tomorrow, and now im going to purchase a SATA PCI card and a WD 150 raptor to last me until i get the 939 up. going to use the 150g as my main, 37g raptor as my vista play drive and the 250g as storage. all i need now is a GPU, case and CPU, the rest is taken care of.

Good to see ya' postin' "Charlie". I never did learn any programing beyond what I did 18yrs ago.(Basic-"Basic") And even that was really basic.LOL (Typin' programs outta' magizens into basic. I got em' to werk!LOL) Sorry to hear about yer' drives. The only western-digitals I buy are raptors. storage drives are barracuda's. (they run really hot but have a 5yr warranty like the raptors) Best to you, keep us posted.