OMG, Made a break through! (sorta)

Ok well were not done yet.

I will change a few other things and we will give it another try.

Thanks

Tmod

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know when you said in a post above it was getting to technical?

I am doing the same thing as NEOAethyr has in the post except I am taking baby steps in doing it.

Tmod

Ok bad news for the CPC issue.

The BPL in this bios is not the same as any other vanilla NF2.

The NF2 Ultra infinity, LanParty "A", LanParty "B" all have the same BPL.

This bios has the same BPL as the Abit NF7S2 motherboard.

I have found little info on disabling the CPC or even where it is located in the bios.

I am not saying that it can't be done but we have hit a obstacle in the road.

If anyone has a friend with a Abit NF7S2 then have them check and see if they have a CPC option in their bios and what it changes using Wpcredit.

Sorry for the bad news.

Tmod

so what exactly did the changes youve made do, if anything?

Good question and my answer would be damned if I know.

Obviously it didn't do what we needed it to do though.

Tmod

ROFL :sweat: omg that was so funny to me :).

hmm, might as well do some testing to see what it may have changed, what tests might reveal these changes? you were moding in data from a LPinfinity right? i should be getting $150 sometime mabye next week for fixing up a couple of systems for a relitive, when i do i will get a chip. since i would have a chip to experment with, think it would be possible to replace the BPL in the U400S with the one from the LPb and make it work?

think it would be possible to replace the BPL in the U400S with the one from the LPb and make it work?

I doubt that we could use the BPL from the regular NF2 boards, But Abit has a newer version of the BPL from their NF7-S2 that uses the same style.

As you said though these mods would require someone to have a bios chip backup as we would venture off of the normal path.

You know what would be interesting is to have someone try and flash the U400S with say the LPB bios and see what happens.

Tmod

[sarcasm] YAY! I have great news! i have managed to corupt my bios ;) i love that![/sarcasm]

i got some gskil TCCD DDR 550 ram and a WD raptor (among other things) today which i put in my PC. well it posted and i changed my OC to 200x8 and uped the cpu voltage to 1.7v, NB 1.8v in order to prepare for some FSB OC'n. well i saved CMOS settings and restarted and nothing... power light was on but nothing. so i reset cmos via jumper and the power light never came on. tried the usual long cmos clear, tripple checking cable connections, all ram slots, reseated GPU, held ins key etc... no luck. so in fear my CPU croaked, i installed my trusty old T-Bird 1Ghz cpu, still nothing. so my Bios is dead and im loving evert second of it :D.

im still searching for some cash for another bios chip, knew this would happen at some point. but i realy dont care ATM, well not until i get my AIW X800XT :eek:.

Heh, Charlie...

No, I'm not trying to make fun of you. I know that sucks, but you do seem to like to live on the edge of tweakage, eh? And without a spare, or a BIOS Savior!!

Anyway, best to you and hope you get that worked out alright.

Is that a 2Mbit BIOS chip on that mobo?