Problem With Cpu, But I Thin Its The Motherboard

HI, i have

asus a7n8x deluxe 2.0 motherboard.

amd xp2800+ barton 333mhz processor

the problem is that i can only boot at 1.45ghz or 1.55ghz at a push. The computer says its overheating and turns off. This has only happened since we had some very hto weather in the UK and i didn't have my comp running barely at all in that time. Im thinking that there is a problem with the sensor, it sometimes in the hardware monitor reads 27degrees then 57 degrees flicking between the two. Which i assume means its in the temperature inbetween, whihc is about 40-45 degree's (whihc is what i used ot get). Because of this high temperatre it records windows cannot load. The motherboard overrides it and turns off the ocmp (or tells me to restart). Ive tried flashing the bios (i have the new c1005 now) and that hasn;t helped. I don't think it is my cpu fan or HS as i haven't touched them at all.

Thanks in advance for any help

Brewster

ive updated the bios and that didn;t work, i don't particuarly want to re set the heatsink as it took me 2 hours to get it on before. Its a zalman one. It worked before and i haven't touched it, so i don't see any reason why it should be that. Ive emailed asus,, waiting for their reply :unsure:

i pushed the heatsink and gave it a wiggle, and, hey presto! im now up to xp2600+. I'll try wiggling it a bit more later, if not i'll reaplly it with silver compund, im also gonna add some more fans in (another one slightly cooling the cpu, ram and motherboard. A front sucking in fan, and a system exhaust thing under my graphics card.

THanks again guys, hehe, i feel a bit st00pid now