Sign in to follow this  
bustedf00

NOT sure if Ocz memory dud or cpu opteron 146?

I am a noob at this site and been reading up alot of thread. I copy others setting but still having a hard time passing 220 fsb...not sure is it the memory or the cpu...any help PLEASE

this is what i have set up in bios..:

A

X10

STARTUP

CPU VID 1.3 AT 110%

EVERYTHING ELSE IS DEFAULT

HERE THE MEMORY SETUP:

200 1/01

A

3-4-4-7

AND EVERYTHING IS ELSE IS DEFAULT and memory is in the orange slot duel

please any help on this and i am thinking of getting new memory, like Gskill pc4400 2x512...

thx

Try not to OC both the CPU and the memory at the same time. Pick one or the other. Other peoples settings will only get you close, There are variances in all the components on your board and your memory so other peoples may work but more than likely will not. Use memtest and a pad of paper, when it fails memtest go into the bios and change a setting to see if it's better or worse. Make sure you write down what you have changed and the result gained. This is just how it works and noone here will know why it fails or isn't stable because it can be one of many things.

first of all Thanks guys for the fast reply....

well I have my ram volts at 2.8v i even try 3.2v...but no luck in passing 220 fsb...

i will try more on memtest, I even set the memory to 3-4-4-8 still wont do it....

and yes i want to increase in cpu...mhz.....dont really care about tight timing...so i am thinking of getting some tccd..memory....

by any chance do you guys knows if my ocz are tccd brianpwr etc....? thanks

Do a search for Ram list over @ xtremesystems If that don't get it you can PM Tony or RyderOCZ as they both work for OCZ and are members of this forum. You have good memory and it is rated to 250FSB. Almost all memory will give you these same types of problems. None of it is just going to automatically OC to it's rated speed.

Edit: Found the link.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50010

How long have you been working at?

From what I've seen you have only tried a couple of changes and those have been to your base timings. I run TCCD and TCC5 on brainpower PCB's and they will not get good speeds with most of the settings on auto.

To get over 3.2 volts you need a power supply than can be adjusted to 3.7 or modded to overvolt the 3.3 rail. Then you need a modded bios to access the voltage settings

Well i have try for the last 4 to 5 days..chaning diff. setting trying to use others ppls setting....i have try at less 10 to 20 diff. setting already..just right now i have it on auto...but i have try to set diff. timing and nothing seems to work...Maybe that's why i am unable to play BF2 it keep kicking me out to window....and it lags in the games also...now i am just wondering if it really my memory....I have my vcard set a default still laggs...could it be memory issues....

I found that sometimes i have to turn my pc off completey when changing mem setts a lot. ie: i've changed some mem settings and saved and rebooted but the sys is not stable. i've then turn my machine off and on manually and the same settings have magically become stable.

I have try shut down and then start it up..still no go...

I was wondering if someone else that has the same set up like mine, if you can please post your set up..and see if i can copy a thing or 2...

thx

i have try that too...shut down and start up...no go..

if someone see or have the same setup like mine even close can you please post...

I got one more question....how come i can't run the memory in yellow slot...what if i wanted to use all 4 memory slot...does that means i cant...? thx

i found out that my 165 does not like my VX which is vary similar to your gold. i could not pass memtest for anything. so i tried my eb and so far its working primming for over 10 hours. if you have not bh die chips give those a try and see what you can do.