Sign in to follow this  
Seth

PCMark and 3dMark results

Using optimized defaults in BIOS:

PCMark04 = 6014

3DMark05 = 4925.

Free versions. 3DMark had no anti-aliasing set.

Is this OK?

The graphics card is in the PCIe-1. There're no stability problems. I didn't load the LCD monitor drivers. No Raid 0; the drives are C and D with the Windows paging file on D.

I got more or less the same result in 3dmark05 on my first run, got 4978, so seems the right order of magnitude for a 6800GT anyway. Note that my card only has 256 mb ram. 3dmark05 might not be that sensitive to whether you have 256 or 512 or your card though.

Doom 3 demo defaults to High at 600 x 800, but I get sync bands accross the screen when panning quickly. The monitor is a ViewSonic VX 924 with drivers not installed. From what I read, 7800's 3DMark scores are much higher than 6800s, but shouldn't the extra 256MB help? :confused:

Doom 3 demo defaults to High at 600 x 800, but I get sync bands accross the screen when panning quickly. The monitor is a ViewSonic VX 924 with drivers not installed. From what I read, 7800's 3DMark scores are much higher than 6800s, but shouldn't the extra 256MB help? :confused:

If this helps, I get 8700 to 8800's on my evga 7800gtx ko edition in 3dmark05 running on the second pci-e @8x bandwidth.

Dont think the extra ram makes that much difference with 6800's

I get 5900 on 3dmark05 and pcmark05 about6100 :)

You're running yours a bit overclocked though, right? You know by any chance what kind of temperatures you're getting at idle and load on your GPU?

@Dimsum: Hmm, your second slot only runs pcie x8 you say? Are you sure? Although you have the SLI version of my mobo, I'm pretty sure that my manual says the second "large" pcie slot also runs x16 - but I have been wondering about that.

As far as the difference between 512 and 256 mb ram, there is almost none, and that goes for nearly all games. A few games have started having such large textures that it makes a little difference, but it is still something that is only noticeable in a benchmark, not in your experience of the game.

Using optimized defaults in BIOS:

PCMark04 = 6014

3DMark05 = 4925.

Free versions. 3DMark had no anti-aliasing set.

Is this OK?

The graphics card is in the PCIe-1. There're no stability problems. I didn't load the LCD monitor drivers. No Raid 0; the drives are C and D with the Windows paging file on D.

That seems about right but why get the 512mb version when the 256mb ver can give the same. That core cannot properly utalize that much RAM.

You're running yours a bit overclocked though, right? You know by any chance what kind of temperatures you're getting at idle and load on your GPU?

@Dimsum: Hmm, your second slot only runs pcie x8 you say? Are you sure? Although you have the SLI version of my mobo, I'm pretty sure that my manual says the second "large" pcie slot also runs x16 - but I have been wondering about that.

As far as the difference between 512 and 256 mb ram, there is almost none, and that goes for nearly all games. A few games have started having such large textures that it makes a little difference, but it is still something that is only noticeable in a benchmark, not in your experience of the game.

the second pci-e slot is configured at 2x by default unless you move the jumpers into sli mode which splits both slots into 8x.