Sign in to follow this  
Raphie

11/114/2005 Bios

Just loaded this bios, seems that it allows me to go from 1.350 * 110% (=1.485v) to 1.300 * 113% (= 1.469v, showing 1.4v in Smartguardian) Dual Prime95 now running for 1 hour already. It didn't like 1.325 * 110% (= 1.458v) though. But every little bit counts.

Further i don't see too many differences, OPTIMIZED MEMORY timings (F7) are tighter though than previous versions

However with these settings chipset shows 43c, CPU 42c, but MOBO 48c :confused: (all Dual Prime fully loaded)

Bit worried about the MOBO, normally my mobo temp would be late 30's fully loaded

Well its beta so be carefull.. besides that it seems this bios only has added code for the new fx60 that supposed to be coming out..

I wanted to test it out so I just flashed it and loaded up the 275x10 settings I was running on one stick of tccd and it seems ok..

Ill see how it goes for the next few days..

just did some more testing, still requires 1,485v for 250 * 10. I tried again the 260 * 10, but that one needs 1.595v to run prime on 2 cores. 270 * 10 takes 1.650v to boot, don't even want to think what this takes to make it Prime95 stable. The good news is though that my memory is able to run @ 270Mhz 1:1 with 3-4-8-4 @ 2.8v (tested that wehn trying to get 2.700 prime stable) IF only that Vcore could go down........ Maybe a different multiplier for the processor, but thne i would end up at 2.430 Mhz... (and maybe a lower Vcore :-) decissions decissions.....

i have heard that this bios recognizes the dual core Opterons as well, any truth to this? Anyone have an opty to test? Mine wont be here until Friday...

I'm running this bios with my Opty 170... Works great for me and better then the 623 and the 704 bios's that I used with my X2 3800+. Memory seems to run better, CPU is doing great, I have no complaints about this bios at all.

i have heard that this bios recognizes the dual core Opterons as well, any truth to this? Anyone have an opty to test? Mine wont be here until Friday...

You probably wont ever see a bios that fully supportsreconizes opterons.. This is because of AMD.. they didnt make these cpu's for a regular desktop board and wont allow any mobo manufacturer add support for them..

But they do seem to work fine even if they are not reconized.. ;)

Guest nomad

The 7-04 special Vcore bug.

I want find exactly what vcore my X2 needs to run 2.8 so I can lower vcore. Using 104-110-113% makes it hard to get perfect.

You probably wont ever see a bios that fully supportsreconizes opterons.. This is because of AMD.. they didnt make these cpu's for a regular desktop board and wont allow any mobo manufacturer add support for them..

But they do seem to work fine even if they are not reconized.. ;)

Asrock 939Dual board lists Opteron 144 on boot up, is this the case with a DFI?