Always crashing

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just nice to see how your recommendations help another person out of trouble or at least a bit further.

I agree It's really nice. Sometime's they leave us abit in the dark though. Which reminds me I gotta' work on "MY" sig LOL. "Clay"

What about your HAL? Have you changed that? Most of the time XP (even SP2) doesn't notice that these boards are not Uniprocessor, multiprocessor boards. Can really mess things up. Check it out the sticky, it sorted my rebooting problem! Also, don't be afraid to mess with your memory timings, can make a big difference to stability, most of the time default settings are not the best.....

:D

sorry for not talk sooner...i dont have much time..:|

and this problem isnt solved yet... i only have one stick of ram....(512)...i guess that is not a memory problem i try and run superPI 32m...and finhish 'em...

so but only at second try...in the firts...the image in monitor dissapear :confused: ...but i mencioned also this problem to u guys...among the others too :|

later i post more bios settings....

thanks..see ya

more settings....

cpu - Virus Warning Disabled / Thermal Throttling - 50.0 % .

agp - Fastwrites Enabled / Aperture 128MB / system bios cacheable Disabled / video ram cacheable Disabled

pci/vga palette snoop Disabled / agp latency 32 / video EGA/VGA

hope this hellp....i dont know what to do to solve this problem :sad: :O

well the throttling yes, but i'm not sure about the agp fastwrites. could be that for nvidia card performance goes up if you enable it. Maybe do a google search on it.

In general i disable as many things in the bios i don't use, e.g. the comports, printer port (if you hava an usb printer), in case of a lp-b, i also disable the nvidea network card, in case you have a better soundcard then the onboard one, you can also disable the onboard sound.

If you leave them on and don't use them, they're simply eating up resources like IRQ's and stuff.