Trouble with evga7800GT and DFI nf4 Ultra-D

I just finished getting my new setup together and I'm having some trouble.

I am getting it to boot into the bios now, which was a problem 5 minutes ago before I found that I did not have all 4 power connectors plugged into the mobo, but I found the info here to be useful for me: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20832

However, now, the cpu fan dies after about 5 seconds. It wasn't doing this before when I was getting no video due to the lack of power to the mobo. Everything is still fine as far as I can tell, it happened twice, but both times I shut it off immediately. But I can not determine for the life of me what would be causing this... any ideas?

:dog: ive got the same exact problem :confused: except that im using watercooling for my cpu instead of a fan.however my led case fans start to dim and get to the point that they stop.ive tried diffrent mobos and power supplies to no avail.didint mean to steal your thread :angel:

7800gtx

dfi lanparty nf4 ultra

3700 san diego

antec 480 watt true blue ps

Yeah this is driving me nuts!

Any help is appreciated, I can't figure this out at all...

Is it possible that it's starting so cool that the bios setting is shutting down the cpu fan almost immediately? Or would that just not be possible?

Should I let it go into bios and see what happens?