Sign in to follow this  
z3us

New To DFI, Have Problems....

Hi, I need help with my new setup, I have a few quetions:

#1. My Cpu fans starts and stops,My cooler is plugged in the cup fan slot correctly the cpu temp never gets over 33c Just want to see if this is norm?

#2. My Bios are default 100%, And my system is sluggish sometimes and crashes. Once it crashed to the blue screen while playing BF2. I dont know where to start since my settings are stock? Temps once again dont seen too high:

CPU 33c Max

GPU 57 Max

It ran 3dmark05 with 7300 as a score succsessful. And SiSoft Burn in multiple times ok. Im Puzzled?

Guest FZ1

Check the PChealth Bios section and you can control the parameters around when the fan comes on, goes full etc. It's prolly right at 33.

For the second piece, need more info on your bios settings (not everyone remembers what the defaults are)...prolly your ram.

The reason your cpu fan is stopping is beacuse the temp is below 25C or 30C this is an setting in your bios.

yes its normal, the lower the temp the better.

Did you enter all the stock settings yourself or did leave it auto ?

have you run stability tests, memtest and prime95 ?

my money would be on your ram timmings, ocz are always being gay with them.

Not really, if the card was causing problems it would more likely create artifacts.

Go into bios and turn on memtest do a few passes, if you get any errors then you know the problem is in the ram.

If its all good after 5 passes, set the testing to loop test 5 do this about 20 passes.

This will test the stability of the ram with timmings after the ram heats up.

Z3us, do you enter the ram settings your self of just leave it ?

Guest FZ1
Also i am reading about my evga 7800gt co is having bios problems, could this cause this?

Are you running the latest revision BIOS? I am running the same card without issue.

yeh see that could be your problem letting the bios decide what the ram should be runnig at.

look at the ocz website, there is a few pc3200 Platinum editions they seem to run on CL 2-3-2-5 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS) with 2.6v.

Yes the bios does come with memtest, I forget the menu name that it is in, its like the top right menu then all the way down, option called memtest, set it to enabled and restart.

I had my 6600GT overclocked so much that in 3dmark half the screen was full of green artifacts, still didnt get a blue screen.