sound on rdx200

Guest sandoz_merged

i might be doing something wrong, but i cannot get my sound to work. I installed Realtek_Audio_RD200 from dfi.com.tw, no errors, but windows/winamp etc cannot find the device. What am i doing wrong?

Also when i install 5-8-igp_xp-2k1(chipset drivers), and reboot, i get an error that the driver cannot be initialized etc

Welcome to the forums. :)

Can't help with the Audio one, the error could be caused by not having the .NET Framework installed, you need to install this first, You'll find the .NET Framework in the Graphics selection on the left of the CD. :)

thx

my first dfi :)

is that chipset installer just the vid card drivers? or more?

i am running the omega drivers now, and no unknown devices

i fixed the audiuo part bij manually installing the driver for a unkown pci device, and that was the realtek chipset

The chipset installer installs the Motherboard Chipset Drivers, as well as the Graphics Card Drivers, if you select a Custom Install you can untick the Graphics Card Drivers, and just leave the Motherboard Chipset Drivers ticked to install, the SouthBridge/IXP Drivers. :)

The .NET Framework is only for the CCC (Catalyst Control Centre), which are the ones on the CD, the normal Control Panel ones don't require that to be installed. :)