Frame Limitor On Xp?

Inu_Yasha

Ok, I was going to benchmark today, but when I did all I could reach on any of the benchmarks was 60fps. This was run on 3dmark2k1se; does anyone know what could be causing this?

I tried the default and still nothing works... I'm probabbly just going to format and hope for the best... I should be getting around 200fps on the first demo on 3dmark2k1 but I'm still only getting 60 and on the 2nd I should get around 300fps at the begin and still only 60fps. I'm not too sure what's doing it, but I've reinstalled the drivers and still nothing works.

do you have v-sync turned off, because that will tend to limit your framerate.

no u dont need to format....u need to have v-sync disabled to achieve higher fps than 60......this confused me for the longest time LOL

do what sycocus said it works.

they're right about the vsinc...windows limits to the amount of frames to the same number of how your monitor refreshes...if it refreshes at 75, you should getting 75fps.

technically vsinc can make things jump and not line up when playing games...but it hasn't happened to me yet

Well, I have a refresh rate of 85 so it should at least give me 85fps. I've tried turning it off and on an it still does it. I know before I had vsync on and it worked fine so I'm thinking that evidence eliminator did something... I'm probabbly going to format anyways b/c my networks been acting up due to my comp so...

sykocus, thanks a lot!!! I tried what you said and it worked... Too bad I'm still going to have to formant, but you bought me a few days. My network is having major problems accessing my drives and mine are the primary ones so... I don't know why, but this installation of XP pro had a lot of problems...

hey, i woke up this morning and turned on my computer and got graphical artifacts all over my screen. reboot, nothing, take out my agp card and pluged it back in and same thing, went and bought a fx5800 and still same thing, re-installed windows xp and i can atleast see windows but when i even use a screen saver all i get is a green and red dot in the top left of my screen. but both cards work in my other computer. crap, I just bought this mobo, guess i got to figure out another one to buy. I even tried a newer and an older bios still same thing.

Two things, check the drivers and check the monitor... If not, its the mobo; I personally would return the mobo or get it replaced (you can ususally go through the manufacturer for stuff like that). If you get a new mobo then return it where you bought it (I recieved a doa IC7 on friday and now I've got to rma it; I'm going to get a refund and get something else).