Sisoft Sandra & my RDX200....

Okay,

Finally got this board up and running(Through various crashes I managed to lose the contents of my XP partition!) Anyway, with the beta bios, 02/11/05, it's running reasonably well.... Until I'm running the performace tuner app in Sandra, usually use it just to check out any probs it sees with my setup, BUT as soon as it starts analysing the chipset I get a blue screen and a re-boot(has happened twice). A bit overly cautious of checking it again as one of the blue screens I recieved while setting this rig up managed to kill my XP partition :confused: . Anyway, just curious if this has happened to anyone else?

I hear ya...don't worry guys, DFI will fix everything with bios updates, and if not, there will be a recall, not much of these have been sold yet anyway.

When this board is up and running good...were all going to be happy we waited.

1T command rates on 4 x double sided ram sticks = 4GB of gaming or server madness.

Add me to those who have SiSoft Sandra reboots. I won't touch it anymore and it's clearly the board since we have different DIMMs. I got a BSD that trashed my partition too.

Fun board if you like watching XP install over and over and over!

Add me to those who have SiSoft Sandra reboots. I won't touch it anymore and it's clearly the board since we have different DIMMs. I got a BSD that trashed my partition too.

Fun board if you like watching XP install over and over and over!

Well,at least I'm not the only one. Sort of regret dumping my AGP setup for this! Anyway not gonna touch the bios until the next update at least.... Can't be arsed with Installing XP again, especially when I gotta call Microsoft to activate it :mad: :rolleyes:

Hope at these probs are sorted soon

I believe it's something to do with the chipset. Sandra and Everest and other diagnostics software packages do not have support for the ATI chipset on the board yet, so everytime these programs try to check the motherboard setting the machine hangs up and reboots on ya. I've been playing with the beta versions of Everest Home Edition and they are a bit hit and miss. I can at least run the memory benchmanrks in Everest. Waiting patioently for new updates to come out with proper ATI support.

If anything third party support for this ATI setup is going to make or break these boards I think. If people don't bother to support them properly we might have some issues. Fingers crossed, that people will WANT to add these boards. :)

O.

I believe that the reason for the reboot is both Sanda and Everest trying to read the temp off the motherboard. Although the RDX200 isn't that much of a new chipset i dare say that sandra and co are not set up to read the board properly and so when checking they cause the board to reboot.

One thing i have noticed with sandra and running a 3800 x2 in 64 windows is a decrease in FLOPS which seems very strange. But thats for a different thread.