Sign in to follow this  
Protagonist.

Any new BIOS?

Seems like for months there hasn't been anything new as far as BIOS is concerned for the ultra-d's. Not even any betas. I'm wondering why this is, I mean with how many people use the board and it being an enthusiast board I expected the flow of BIOS to continue. But it seems to be dead or something.

I mean even asus is releasing new BIOS way faster than dfi, as sad as that is lol. :rolleyes:

All I want is a new official BIOS really, thanks. :)

You try to only put out a new bios when needed it is not nessarily a good indication to put out a bios every week.

Did you see theones bios factory section? The OCZ resps one is pretty ___ good and yes it work for other memory. The OCZ guys really know there stuff.

That said I am back to the original bios works as well as anything if you are willing to adjust all the settings on my winchecter(not that I would recomend it for a later chip).

I didn't say every week. But I think that an official BIOS every 4 or 5 months is too long.

And that 704BTA BIOS was the last BIOS made, it is months old, my point is nothing has happened since then...

I didn't say every week. But I think that an official BIOS every 4 or 5 months is too long.

And that 704BTA BIOS was the last BIOS made, it is months old, my point is nothing has happened since then...

And your current bios is lacking in what way? My puder did ungodly high FSB 1:1 >300 with the first shipping bios revision 2/25 before I cooked the CPU. :nod:

I am a little with joe on this one, whats the point? I mean you can't invent new hardware features from the bios, and personally 623, been good to me, so why even change that?! I mean you could argue both ways, but atm, I don't see a problem, to many bioses = normaly is a buggy product.

I and personally 623, been good to me, to many bioses = normaly is a buggy product.

for me too

623-3 has been good for all my mems

asus is launching a lot of bios cause they had enough troubles and they had to fix it

No new BIOS release for months because....

We've been abandoned, left high and dry, focus more on the newer boards released by DFI. I have to say I'm a first time DFI owner and the lack of BIOS is a bit of a concern. I've never known this situation with ANY of the other overclocking boards (Abit) I've used in the past. The lack of Opteron support is a concern too. I mean, why oh why can Asrock "support" Opterons on a £50 motherboard but DFI not on a £150 one?!?!

http://www.asrock.com/support/CPU_Support/...l=939Dual-SATA2

Ask AMD why they wont let dfi support there opterons. As for new bios's yeah sure its nice to have something new to play with but at the same time if it aint broke dont fix it. My advice.....if you dont like it buy something else