SLI-DR eXpert Power Blinking

Ok in summary when I turn my PSU on the system begins to blink. all four diagnostic LED's light only to turn back off after a second or so and then back on over and over again. Mind you im not even hitting the power button when this happens. I have all of the power connectors attached even the EPS12v+ using an adapter. So far I have done the following:

#1: Flashed the BIOS the 'DFi Way'

#2: Disconnected all non-vital components and attempted booting

#3: Treid running a single stick of ram

#4: tested the CPU/Vid card/RAM/HDD's in another working machine

#5: Jumped the PSU and it seemed to run fine

#6: Attached another friends PSU but it would hang at system boot and not display anything on screen at startup. It seems his PSU might not be powerful enough to run my system though. Its an Ultra 500 Modular.

So what do you guys think? Dead Mobo or PSU? Both? All system details in my sig.

Guest thespin

It's not just total wattage, it's quality and amperage. Get the OCZ Powerstream 520W ... recommended by this forum ... you spend bucks on the rest of your system, don't neglect the psu ...

You said you're using an adapter for the EPS 12 volts line, so you must have a standard 4 pin verison then correct? If that's the case, are you sure you connected it to the right section on the 8 pin plug? Theres a diagram in the book that came with the mobo if you aren't sure. Worth a shot in any case.

I would at least try a PSU that fits the recommendation before giving up. As good as any PSU can be a failure is always a possibility.

The one in my sig is the one im using that seems to be giving me problems though I believe its the Mobo at this point.