Voltage jumps in smart gaurdian

jtp137

When i set my voltage to 1.65 in the bios with 230fsb and boot into windows smart gaurdian says i am at 1.64v when i run prime 95 the voltage jumps all over the place from 1.63-1.73 what the heck is going on. is it my power supply, i want to try to get 2.53ghz on my newcastle but i am afraid of overvolting my temp never goes over 43 degrees.

oh and the bios says its at 1.65v

and prime fails at 15 minutes

oops i though i did its MGE vigor 500 watts

Input: 115/230V - 50/60Hz

+3.3V (Orange) - 15.0A

+5V (Red) - 40.0A

-5V (White) - 0.6A

+12V (Yellow) - 19.0A

-12V (Blue) - 0.6A

+5V SB (Purple) - 2.0A

Total Power On +3,3V & +5V - 220W Max

Mine does the same thing. CPU-Z and all other apps fluctuate jut slightly, maybe .01-.08v range. However when I have my multimeter hooked up the 12v line is stable as can be. I'm guessing it's just software bugs. Your case may be different unless you check with a DMM.

hes talking about his cpu volts jumping and i have the same problem mine jumps from 1.64 to 1.74 under full load but the rails show no jumps with dmm but ive never seen it go past 1.74 so i live with it .ive made the same post with no help

I have checked the rails with a meter in the past, it does not jump but i am worried about the cpu voltage,

i guess if the chip doesnt get too hot its ok, but i am worried that if i set it to 1.68v it will jump past 1.73v ouch

when i set mine to 1.68 it jumps to 1.74 but it dont seam to go any farther then 1.74 :confused:

I have checked the rails with a meter in the past, it does not jump but i am worried about the cpu voltage,

i guess if the chip doesnt get too hot its ok, but i am worried that if i set it to 1.68v it will jump past 1.73v ouch

I was just about to ask the same type of question. Im trying to get my newcastle to 2.6Ghz.

Under load running 32m super Pi I mostly get 1.64v with spikes of 1.66, so I guess its safe to continue stability testing then? I was worried that it might be to much. temp doesnt go over 44*c.

ok some one just posted it for the memory on another tread im on

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...2004#post292004

But im not sure what the VTT and VDimm mean

I was just about to ask the same type of question. Im trying to get my newcastle to 2.6Ghz.

Under load running 32m super Pi I mostly get 1.64v with spikes of 1.66, so I guess its safe to continue stability testing then? I was worried that it might be to much. temp doesnt go over 44*c.