Dual lan

I have been using the top lan port for a while, but I have having gaming problems, so I switched to the bottom, it didnt help any, turned out it was my lack of the amd X2 driver, I never moved it back to the top.

The top one is is the recommended one right??

Would it help/hurt or not do anything if I hooked 2 eathernet wires from my router to my computer, on in each lan port, lol, how would the computer know which connection to use.

My work computer here has dual lan too, and we are on a gigabit network with 3 T3's (OC3 135mb/s) so I could hook up 2 cords for all the file transfers I do, but dont think it would help any, do you? I always figured dual lan was just for servers in case one burns out, it can just hop to the other lan port....

I get decent speeds right now though.

highspeed.jpg

highspeed1.png

With two I do know you could have one internal IP and one external IP. (one 192.x.x.x and one raw IP) On domains, I know this is frowned upon by the server, but you could use it to get around your firewall and such.

But as per my own experience and everyone else's comments, I suggest you use the Marvel Yukon LAN port, not the nVidia one. The nVidia one likes to do the flashing connected/disconnected junk.

In a home network setup, where you're behind a broadband router, you could run one cable from each NIC on the board to the router. All that will happen is that the router would assign each card a different internal IP address. You could configure one as a DMZ host, but you should carefully consider the benefits and security concerns for doing that. If you don't know of a need for it you shouldn't do it.

In theory, Windows will "load balance" the traffic between the two NICs. In practice, when running with more than one NIC I usually see Windows just pick one and use it almost exclusively.

If you think "two NICs => double bandwidth, like RAID only with NICs" you're wasting your time. That requires channel bonding, which requires specialized switches, NIC drivers and special (and expensive, IIRC) software for the OS.