I cant raise my memory voltage above 3.3v!

Hi. I upgraded my BIOS to TicTac's 504 BIOS which allows me to raise my memory voltage to 4V thru the BIOS settings. But the highest memory voltage I could get is only 3.3v. When I set it to 3.4v and above, the voltage is still less than 3.3v even though I have raised my 3.3v rail to 4v. (I have an OCZ power supply which allows me to do this)

What should I do?

Did you clear the cmos with the battery out for a while after the flash ?

btw.. you shouldnt need to raise your 3.3v rail that much.. 4v is way too much imo.. You only need to raise the 3.3v rail .15v-.20v over what ever vdimm you plan on using..

Did you clear the cmos with the battery out for a while after the flash ?

btw.. you shouldnt need to raise your 3.3v rail that much.. 4v is way too much imo.. You only need to raise the 3.3v rail .15v-.20v over what ever vdimm you plan on using..

Im plannig to raising it to only 3.5v but even if I pushed it to 4v, the memory voltage still wont go over 3.3v. Ill try clearing the cmos first, thanks!

Im plannig to raising it to only 3.5v but even if I pushed it to 4v, the memory voltage still wont go over 3.3v. Ill try clearing the cmos first, thanks!

It has nothing to do with clearing the cmos. You need to adjust the 3.3v rail (the pot on the back of your powerstream) using a DMM to around 3.65v. This will allow you to run your ram at 3.5V. Make sure your using active cooling.

Guest shaolin95
It has nothing to do with clearing the cmos. You need to adjust the 3.3v rail (the pot on the back of your powerstream) using a DMM to around 3.65v. This will allow you to run your ram at 3.5V. Make sure your using active cooling.

I will be in the same boat soon so let me ask you . Where is the safest and most accurate place to get the 3.3 reading with the DMM?

I will be in the same boat soon so let me ask you . Where is the safest and most accurate place to get the 3.3 reading with the DMM?

For 24/7 I wouldn't suggest trimming it any higher then 1.65v. That will be enough to get your ram to 3.5v.,furthermoreand I haven't seen too many people having much more success putting more then 3.5 Volts into their ram anyway. ;)

I already adjusted the pot to 3.65v-3.75v but it still wont go higher than 3.3v :( Everytime I adjust the DRAM voltage settings over 3.3v, it goes back to the default voltage even though the BIOS settings show otherwise.

Any more suggestions?

I already adjusted the pot to 3.65v-3.75v but it still wont go higher than 3.3v :( Everytime I adjust the DRAM voltage settings over 3.3v, it goes back to the default voltage even though the BIOS settings show otherwise.

Any more suggestions?

OK,you are checking your 3.3v. rail with a DMM right? Just incase: Put red probe in the orange wire on your ATX connector,and the black probe in a black molex for ground. Start adjusting your pot. When you get to ~3.65v. stop and check how much voltage is going to your ram;again using your DMM. (I hope you know where your supposed to check on your mobo,I used to have pics if your not sure)

*If your not using a DMM don't risk any of this,bios and software readings are almost always wrong*

were can you check the volts to memory on the board ?

OK,you are checking your 3.3v. rail with a DMM right? Just incase: Put red probe in the orange wire on your ATX connector,and the black probe in a black molex for ground. Start adjusting your pot. When you get to ~3.65v. stop and check how much voltage is going to your ram;again using your DMM. (I hope you know where your supposed to check on your mobo,I used to have pics if your not sure)

*If your not using a DMM don't risk any of this,bios and software readings are almost always wrong*

Guest shaolin95

So now when know where to check all I need to know exactly how to check it with the MM. Touch the one marked VDIMM on your picture with the red MM probe?