New to the forums and need help

Hello everyone...

I just recently (2 days ago) purchased a DFI 865PE Tag Mobo.... The current setup is listed in my sig....

When I tried to boot up the PC... I got a series of long beep consistantly with no video... I checked the DFI site and they said it could either be the Vid card, PSU or Mobo issues.

I changed out the Vid card for a PCI card to test and I got video but it gave me a series of short consistant beeps.

Checked the manual again and it said that the PSU was an issue.

I checked the main ATX connector from the PSU and noticed that there was a female pin missing... So... total there was only 23 pins....

boggled... I checked new egg and that seems to be a consistant on some PSU's..... But then on some other brands you can see that there is a full 24 pins.

Antec's support page mentioned that they got rid of the -5v rail since its not needed for Intel procs.

Im not sure what to do now.. is it my vid card or psu?

Thanks!

Here is the link to my vid card

http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=2&l2...270&modelmenu=1

Here is the link to my psu

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817103937

Here is a picture of the main atx connector.. notice on the top row.. the female pin missing..

atx9ba.th.jpg

Even though some people are hesitant to recommend Antec PSUs, I don't believe the PSU, at least not at this time) is the problem.

Antec is correct in reference to the -5v line. It is not needed.

Your problem appears to be of an out-of-date BIOS which does not support the Celeron D.

Contact DFI and they will send you out another BIOS chip that has been flashed with the latest BIOS on it.

Even though some people are hesitant to recommend Antec PSUs, I don't believe the PSU, at least not at this time) is the problem.

Antec is correct in reference to the -5v line. It is not needed.

Your problem appears to be of an out-of-date BIOS which does not support the Celeron D.

Contact DFI and they will send you out another BIOS chip that has been flashed with the latest BIOS on it.

Thanks for the answer and you are correct!! I called DFI and as soon as I told them the Proc I was running they said that the bios needs to be flashed with an updated BIOS...

Thanks again!!!