Any Success with Opteron 165 ?

prodigyru

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the process of overclocking it. From my current observations, it's obvious that Core 0 can be overclocked higher than Core 1 as all the crashes have involved Core 1 (Whether I run 2 instances of prime95 with separate affinities or whether I run S&M). I think that if Core 1 was as good as Core 0, I'd reach the 3Ghz barrier.

It handles prime for 5 minutes at 2600 Mhz which is OK I suppose. I'm leaving it overnight to see if that's my stable frequency (Unlikely...probably gonna be around 2.3 or 2.4 Ghz).

At this frequency, it eats 1080p videos like there is no tomorrow. Sweet sweet 1080p. Ahem.

My current Voltage is 1.5V which registers as around 1.46 V with MBM. Temperature hovers around 35. My Scythe Ninja + Nexus 120mm fan is a terrific combo and keeps temps under 50 even at full load. Of course, that thing was such a huge classy lady to install that it damn well better perform.

Ok, So I ran it overnight at 2700 Mhz and one of the cores failed after 90 minutes. The other was still merrily chugging along 7 hours later when I woke up.

The temperature peaked at 51 C for the CPU, 52 C for the chipset and 59 C for the PWMIC (Whatever the heck that is). Once I achieve a stable Overclock, I will start reducing the CPU voltage to shave off a few Cs.

I still have it at 2700Mhz right now but I'm going to set it to 2600 Mhz tonight and see if that works out.

2,5GHz @ 1,36V aircooled

last night:

350opty9ho.th.jpg

What are your voltages, cpu mult, bus speed, memory divider? like 9x278??

What is the voltage set to in bios... 1.36 in MBM and SG typically are actual settings of 1.4 (at least that is what I see confirmed with my DMM), which is still nice and low.

Your processor on monarch = $332

My processor on monarch = $332

Your processor 2.5ghz @ 1.4vcore (1.36 in SG)

My processor [email protected] (1.41 in SG)

This info would of been nice 2 weeks ago, but I plan on getting an 939 opteron in a year when the prices really drop with F or M sockets come out.

Opteron>athlon

:mad: :sad: :mad: :sad: :mad: :sad: :mad: :sad:

Prime95 ran for over 7 hours at 2564 Mhz stable. Max temp 50 C.

Finally getting somewhere! I'm going to try pushing it a little bit more and reduce the voltage as much as I can. But first I'm going to start pushing the ram. I'll keep you all updated.