Sign in to follow this  
&#124RS&#124Osprey

Considering purchasing New CrossFire Mobo

Hey Fellas,

First thanks for having these forums and they have been a real help lately.

I am getting ready to build a new rig next week and going over my parts list. I would like to get DFI's Crossfire mobo, but all I have read is problems galore.

Is it wise to purchase this board now, or should I pick up another mobo until several items get resolved?

Hello,

Pick another board like the nF4 UT ultra-D / nF4 SLi-DR / nF4 SLi-D

If you're not in a hurry I'd wait for it to mature a bit. Otherwise, as Sharp suggests, go with something in the NF4 series...

I am in the same boat.

Are we thinking that this could be the whole LP nf2 revA/B thing all over again?

I really want to go with ATI graphics with the possibillity of getting a second card at a later date.

this only leaves me the crossfire option.

£150 ati cards - X800 gto2 flashed. nice card

£150 on ge force gets what? not alot from what i can see.

So i am stuck with an opty 146 and no board....

Dare i say it but sapphire seem to be an option and that is only £90 as apposed to £150 for dfi.

But then i like the help i have had on here in the past.

Must say that AG and RGone do a pretty good job around here.

If either of you guys read this thread have a post, I value your comments.

If not feel free to email me with your thoughts on this problem.

I could on the other hand take a big step sideways and get the NF3 agp board.

OR MAYBE NOT.

I will be selling my current rig to a new client as their application server for his office. So I would like to begin purchasing components as soon as possible.

I have made up my mind and decided to go with the X1800XT and I do want to do that in an SLi mode. (Purchase the master cards whenever they bloody come out :rolleyes: )

In any case I would like to get a crossfire mobo now, instead of plunking down another 100.00 bucs on a NForce 4 mobo until a stable crossfire unit comes out.

I have read up on HARD OCP articles and some other forums, has DFI done anything recently to acknowledge the problem?

To be honest I'd wait for a bit with this motherboard.

Not only their are some problems to conquor, but have you spotted X1800XT/XL mastercards anywhere yet ?

Are you last two posters aware that you have no signatures?

If you intend to ask Technical questions regarding DFI products it will be required.

It only takes a minute and may help others with similar rigs if they need to request your assistance.

The current crop of Crossfire boards are ....in a word "Experimental".

If you don't want the hassles of testing a new technology then stay away. If your willing to take a sizeable chunk of time and effort to play with the board and are willing and able to accept the fact that there "MAY" be problems. Jump on board.

A lot of guys go out and purchase these boards thinking it'll all be smooth sailing and that it never rains and the world is perfect in every way. Truth is, anything could happen, and it doesn't usually rain...it pores.

For me...I enjoy the challenge, and don't mind waiting for drivers and updates and fixes and tweeks and bioses etc....if you want to set it and forget it....forget it.

O.

Well considering the new news from Anantech site, I will be holding off on my purchase until January. Apparently he is already testing the new R580 Crossfire mobo and he loves the results.

Thanks for the advise fellas and stay cool.

I don't think its a bad board, only problems i have is the BIOS one, having to reset when you come out of it, which isn't really a problem as it still saves the settings, and sometimes it doesn't post, the 4 LED problem, but in having the board a good few days now, the 4 LED problem seems rare, hardly happens, and i suppose those issues will be fixed in a new BIOS with a bit of luck. :)

Right now I would say for you to hold off. I also hope the problems with this board can be fixed with a new bios.

Sign in to follow this