Chipset Fan - 7000 RPM?!?!

Running 1.6 volts to the chipset -

just got done running some memory tests in everest, sandra, and ran superpi 32m, OCCT hates me, wont be stable at stock speeds so i dont even use it anymore. Prime 95 for 4 hours.

Heres the MBM pic.... usually well last night it was running 3000 rpm which i thought was fast... is this an error in the MBM proggy? or is my chipset fan REALLY running that friggin fast...

is that safe if it is? why is it so fast? temps are not that high...

any suggestions? or anyone else seen speeds like this?

chipset.jpg

Running 1.6 volts to the chipset -

just got done running some memory tests in everest, sandra, and ran superpi 32m, OCCT hates me, wont be stable at stock speeds so i dont even use it anymore. Prime 95 for 4 hours.

Heres the MBM pic.... usually well last night it was running 3000 rpm which i thought was fast... is this an error in the MBM proggy? or is my chipset fan REALLY running that friggin fast...

is that safe if it is? why is it so fast? temps are not that high...

any suggestions? or anyone else seen speeds like this?

chipset.jpg

By design, yes.

By my past exp, expect to replace that HSF in about a year if not sooner.

This is my only complaint with this mobo but not a big one since I can put in my 9800 HSF in at any time.

Yes, it spins insanely fast loud. I got rid of mine in favor of a passive cooler.

When I installed a new vid card, there was no airflow there whatsoever, so I have an intake fan and the stock amd heatsink's fan twist tied all over the place to the ram fan and hard drive bays in order to point it at the chipset, helps a lot. :)