Won't boot when SATA device is connected

Ok, Have you tried different sata cables? With just the drives installed? (barebones for post + drives) No sound card and only one video card. May very well be the motherboard. But need to make sure as best you can. Don't want to rma motherboard, then find out it is doing the same thing.

Hi,

I had the same problem, but fortunetly just after upgrading to new 07 bta BIOS.

The light of the HD was on all the time and the power one sometimes blinking sometimes off. Reseting CMOS didn't help much other than Boot to Bios and then save the settings.

Finnaly I downgraded the Bios to OCZ Tonys 623-bta and its back to the same point as before. BUGGY with the Maxtor 300GB drive. I have to make a lot of manouvres into the Bios, Power, Power Cable before it recognizes the 2nd Sata drive, not matter what port its using.

Any help.

Marcelo

I realize I have a different motherboard than you, but I had the same problem. For me it turned out to be a conflict with a PCI card. I removed my PCI cards and their drivers, then cleared my CMOS, and it finally booted with both SATA and PATA drives for the first time. I then installed the PCI cards one at a time and found that when I put one in PCI slot #3 it wouldn't boot. I now leave slot 3 empty, but at least everything is working.