Skyhawk 570w 24-pin ATX power supply (updated Feb 2, 2006)

Angry_Games

Anybody know where I can pick up a 620W Skyhawk? Or the 570W? Skyhawks seem to be disappearing. Newegg doesn't sell them anymore.

P.S.- Is the entire GM series modular? If they are I think I can get the 570 from mwave.

Never mind. 520W should be enough. Mwave here I come!

Big wattage + Low outlay of fundage make me drool. Too bad the 620s seem to have gone the way of the dodo :sad:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah the GM's are modular, and mwave should still have them

The GM series seems to be divided into two different lines. PC and SC e.g. GM520SC- modular and GM570PC which seem to be a regular ATX PSU. all cables attached. Me want modular, preferably 570 or 620, but will settle for 520 if the other two cannot be found anymore. Gotta make up mind soon. While supplies last. Three words I disdain.

BTW any sites where I can see better pics of these things. mwave pics suck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bad reviews at legitreviews.com, they said the board does not meet certain atx 2.xx requirements.

thats an old old review and ViperJohn and myself worked with Nathan during that review to get Skyhawk to be truthful.

the end result is that the psu's might only have a single rail, but they are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED psu's by myself and those of us that own them.

Just goes to show that reviews are not always worth the page they are printed on (and neither is repeating something like you repeated that is old news and has been decided upon as being not worthy compared to the many of us that own the product in question)

thats an old old review and ViperJohn and myself worked with Nathan during that review to get Skyhawk to be truthful.

the end result is that the psu's might only have a single rail, but they are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED psu's by myself and those of us that own them.

Have any idea where I can get a hold of one of those in Canada, even if it's a US retailer that ships to Canada?

Thanks

willl this skyhawk power a x1900xt

yes

Have any idea where I can get a hold of one of those in Canada, even if it's a US retailer that ships to Canada?

Thanks

unfortunately...no

these psu's are getting harder and harder to find

I need to start looking for another 'budget' psu that can power our boards and is reliable as Skyhawk for some reason is only making (or marketing) cases these days =(