Sign in to follow this  
shadowops

Orange slots, Yellow slots ????

Hi Guys

Why does it make a difference which slots your Dimms are in...

I have always just stuck mine in the yellow sockets, is it worth trying them in the others or only if your having problems ?????

:confused:

From what I heard Oskar Wu recommends using the yellow for high voltage ram and the orange for TCCD.

Id give the orange a try, they worked better for me on one of the older bios revs cant remember which but yeh worth a try.

I started out with tccd and those seemed more responsive in the orange slots.

I'm using BH(5) at 3.5 Volts now and using Yellow. Angry Games has responded

to that question saying it did not matter with current BIOS.

I've found cases where changing my sticks around sometimes makes a difference.

I can't prove or disprove any theories with this board. It tends to act differently depending on how you treat it. Also, quiet contemplation seems to help it to adjust. Sometimes you just have to get a nights sleep for it to start functioning correctly.

Go figure, hey. Some people have endured SDS(sudden death sysdrom) where the board just breathed its last. Some people have killed expensive cpu's and memory.

I just try things and if something smokes or makes frying noises, I try not to do that again.

Overclocking can be an expensive bad dream. Go for it.

I started out with tccd and those seemed more responsive in the orange slots.

I'm using BH(5) at 3.5 Volts now and using Yellow. Angry Games has responded

to that question saying it did not matter with current BIOS.

I've found cases where changing my sticks around sometimes makes a difference.

I can't prove or disprove any theories with this board. It tends to act differently depending on how you treat it. Also, quiet contemplation seems to help it to adjust. Sometimes you just have to get a nights sleep for it to start functioning correctly.

Go figure, hey. Some people have endured SDS(sudden death sysdrom) where the board just breathed its last. Some people have killed expensive cpu's and memory.

I just try things and if something smokes or makes frying noises, I try not to do that again.

Overclocking can be an expensive bad dream. Go for it.

im using geil ultra-x (tccd) and on the first boot, the post screen told me to change slots (to orange ones) if i wanted to run dual channel but bh5 ram seem to like the yellow ones so all depends what ram youve got (think its tccd)

My Crucial Ballistix is 2.8v and my OCZ Gold VX is 3.2v i have run both in the yellow slots all the time, never even thought to try the orange ones...

LOL

im using geil ultra-x (tccd) and on the first boot, the post screen told me to change slots (to orange ones) if i wanted to run dual channel but bh5 ram seem to like the yellow ones so all depends what ram youve got (think its tccd)

Is DC only available on the orange slots??

dont think so, think you can have dual channel in both, thats just what it said when i 1st powered it up with the yellow slots, it said switch them for dual channel & better performance (cant remember the exact words it said tho & was 2T timing in yellow)