DFI LanParty NF4 Expert - initial impressions

been searching and no definite answer on this...

Does the LDT Voltage really help with stablizing the system, and what is a safe Voltage for this (is 1.5 too high?).

Sorry if this has been given a definite answer but all I have been able to find is speculation...

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am experimenting with the LDT voltage on my Opteron 175 as we speak.

I had a 2705 MHz clock fail dual-prime after 20 hours. Raised LDT by 0.1 and was stable at 2695, other RAM, too but the RAM is not suspect.

Then I got back to 2705 with the raised LDT Volts and failed, so I concluded more LDT Volts don't do good.

However, then I lowered to 1.2 V and 2695 and failed there, too, and with 1.3 V LDT is not now dual-priming all night.

Very confusing. So while raising the LDT voltage did not get me the 10 freaggin MHz I wanted, it seems to be required at 2695.

Yes, I ran into this last nite, realize im still in the prelims with my 3800 x2...

Ran 240x10 with 1.5 core and 1.3 ldt, failed SuperPi in last stages...

Boosted to 1.4 ldt and it passed, atm im running it through OCCT to see if its as stable as I think it is...

If it passes ill push to 250x10 and see what I can do with the voltages staying at 1.5 CpuCore and 1.4 LDT.

My main concern is.... is 1.5 LDT too high or still in the safe zone if i need to push it there.

BTW Im still freaked at how low the temps seem to be on this board. Ive yet to hit higher then 44C on any of my components even when running on full load (according to Guardian).

Well I got throught the twin SuperPi test and am now doing OCCT to double check.

Current settings (according to Guardian) while at load during OCCT:

CPUcore-1.536

LDT-1.4

CPU Temp- 39C-40

PWIMC Temp- 45C

Chipset Temp- 42C

Currently at 10x250= 2500

So far so good, am i right in assuming that as long as I stay below 1.6 volt Im good on the CPUCore? Is there any temperature or voltage misreading on the MB that I need to take into account?

Thanks tons guys.

Check the screenshot below, is it normal to have temps that low in OCCT? It passed fine btw.

Will try 260 MHZ now... :P

That means 10 degrees above aprox.,that´s what i found.

I had a UltraD and then a Asus AN32 and both report 38 at full speed,and now i have 30 aprox.