DFI LanParty NF4 Expert - initial impressions

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of today I have changed across from the SLi-DR to the Expert and it is a nice build .. I note that on a PCI Slot there is a Rev A.02 and in CPUz motherboard tab it reports Rev A3... and there are no 'marks' that I could see around the SPDIF sockets.

The best thing is that it has allowed the Opteron to run the mem at max speeds, where as I was getting issues around the 260-270 mark.

Now to start and retune again, being a new BIOS and MB it is different in alot of ways from the previous model. It also seems to be running cooler too.

And AG you are right the BH are way easier to get going than the TCCD ;)

Cheers

EDIT: XP-120 Pics on the Expert - pretesting before going Sub-zero again

xp120expert16dj.th.jpg xp120expert25jq.th.jpg xp120expert39az.th.jpg xp120expert45ip.th.jpg xp120expert58pr.th.jpg

The rev number on DFI boards indicates the shipping BIOS.

The boards are produced en masse, then they wait for packaging when the market requires. The chipset and BIOS are installed right before they are put in the box.

I have a question on the mem dividers that are available.

In using BIOS 11-17 and with the CPU multi on x10 the 3:4 divider disappears.. is this a design intent?

When setting it to a lower CPU multi or a higher one (as tried on a 148) then it comes back, just for the x10

If 150 is selected at a lower CPU multi and then this is changed to x10 it jumps to 166.

i have that revision and mark

revision3gp.jpg

dsc023086ez.jpg

hmmm, thats weird. maybe not all A02 mobos are "clean". my friend who also has an Expert (he had it shipped from Japan btw instead of getting it from the local distro) is on the A02 rev and does not have the solder marks.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

damn... i have sold my fantastic sli-dr because i wanted to use 4 dimms at 300mhz... i have bought the sli-dr expert and i can't boot over 265mhz... also I have the welding :(

my revision is A03 and this is the welding

IMAGE SIZE