Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI LanParty NF4 Expert - initial impressions

both of my boards have this mark and both boards are working 100% properly (look in the Stock Speed Database and once in the OC Database and you'll see)

Could just be where they solder some leads on to test a few things before shipping them out. Dunno what would be located there though.

both of my boards have this mark and both boards are working 100% properly (look in the Stock Speed Database and once in the OC Database and you'll see)

yeah mine works fine (apart from CPU temp sensor reading + need to check SPDIF now)........i'm certainly not saying it's faulty.......just curious what in the world that butchering is all about

yeah mine works fine (apart from CPU temp sensor reading + need to check SPDIF now)........i'm certainly not saying it's faulty.......just curious what in the world that butchering is all about

Can you please report back and let us know

Can you please report back and let us know

i don't have any SPDIF devices to check but i'm on a lookout for a new sound system so ;) will do when i sort it all out.............

Ok, I followed the guide. The system will boot up fine, and runs games great up to a point. Then the system will crash to the desktop. It gives me a differant error message every time. Each pointing to a corrupt, or missing file. This happens in all games eventually. I ran Memtest, because it resembles a memory error, and sure enough, the ram has failing addresses every time it goes through test #4. Do any of you know what I need to change? I don't think the memory is bad since it is differant addresses that fail every time.

Ok, I followed the guide. The system will boot up fine, and runs games great up to a point. Then the system will crash to the desktop. It gives me a differant error message every time. Each pointing to a corrupt, or missing file. This happens in all games eventually. I ran Memtest, because it resembles a memory error, and sure enough, the ram has failing addresses every time it goes through test #4. Do any of you know what I need to change? I don't think the memory is bad since it is differant addresses that fail every time.

Try flashing to the 704-2bt bios.

Works great for me.

Do you really think that bios would fix this problem? I would rather not flash unless I have a spacific problem that the bios addresses.