Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI LanParty NF4 Expert - initial impressions

i came across a thread over at XS with a very disturbing looking image of this new Expert board..........so i checked my one and i have the same issue.....someone pls tell me this is normal because it ain't looking right to me

dsc023086ez.jpg

here is a post by the thread started with some clearer shots of the problem area.....................................can you guys let me know if anyone else has this

cuz it seems as if THEY ALL (or at least most) have a "boo-boo." Don't quite know what it affects, but it sure looks like enough damage to do "something"

d19zt5vm.jpg

d29rw9jj.jpg

It would really depend on the material. If it's simply some flux left over from manufacturing that didn't get completely cleaned off the board, it's not going to cause a problem.

It the material is electrically conductive, there is a possibility that it could cause a problem.

i came across a thread over at XS with a very disturbing looking image of this new Expert board..........so i checked my one and i have the same issue.....someone pls tell me this is normal because it ain't looking right to me

here is a post by the thread started with some clearer shots of the problem area.....................................can you guys let me know if anyone else has this

Hmm,

Does look a bit spooky, but mine doesn't look like that thankfully :) .

I am currently priming my board at 270x10 at 1.5 vcore. Got to go shopping for christmas now but Ill keep people updated.

dsc023086ez.jpg

Yep mine looks the same

I just received my board now, and right outta the box it looks the same as above, is that should be a concern ?

Speedpc: dude, you got to do something about your sig...its a little ridiculous

how about making it horizontal instead of vertical?

i'll give ya a couple hours to come up with a better plan than what you got going

It would really depend on the material. If it's simply some flux left over from manufacturing that didn't get completely cleaned off the board, it's not going to cause a problem.

It the material is electrically conductive, there is a possibility that it could cause a problem.

how would i be able to tell or the other guys

You could take a multimeter and touch both probes to the scoring while the boards off. There should be a 'continuous' setting on your meter that should just beep whenever the probes are making contact with each other. The scoring might be too thin though to get a decent test.

Yes it's 8x 8x, but there is no reason to have the extra bandwidth yet as CPU's are stll bottlenecked well before the PCI-e bus.

this is a pretty clear shot from techpowerup

can someone from DFI pls explain what this is.....................clearly looks like it was altered after production

correction .. it is on my board too .. just much cleaner cut

cut.jpg