Sign in to follow this  
river

50% Finished I think

I followed the steps to do the pre boot and every thing went well. l have my two maxtor RAID0 configured drives in from my old system. I went to bios and enabled RAID for these drives. But it does not see them still. I have the jumpers in cable select. I will change to master + slave after i get off here. The green light on my floppy drive stays lite. Any suggestions

Thanks..

Thanks that fixed the floppy drive. I should have thought of that it's happened before many times. Ok i found where to set my disks up and i enabled in bios. When i boot i don't get and light on my HDD activity light doing anything. It seems it wants to start it asks me if i want windows to start normally or in safe mode and all that. When i attempt to start i see my boot screen for a second then it falls back asking about raid click F4 or F10

Is cable select ok to use?

Is it possible to use drives setup with one raid controller on a different one?

Huumm ya right. Don't know for sure. I thought someone here said it could. :confused:

If those drives were not on nvidia raid controller its not going to work.

Thanks that answers that.. :sad: Ok i got to check out my HDD leds .. cause my light does not show any activity .. or does windows have to be installed.. silly question probably.

On my power leds from my case i have a SW Power led and on the DFI board it does not have that. It has the ATX-SW pins which must be the same thing .. right?