Sign in to follow this  
jbretx

HELP!!!!System Wont Even Display BIOS Startup

Hey..i just tried to start up my computer for the first time, but when i powered on, all the components started, fans and lights and such, but nothing on the monitor. I have the DRAM in banks 1 and 3 and everything else where it should be. The indicator lights on the motherboard ligtup till the third one, but not the fourth. I tried to clear CMOS, too see, but that did not work. Im not exactly sure how to go about diagnosing this problem since everything is new and i have no other motherboard. If someone could let me know what to try or what to do, that would be great.....Thank you so much.

You should have the ram in the orange slots....that might fix it.

4th LED staying on is no Video detected....triple check to make sure Vid Card is properly seated and has power supplied to it from the PSU.

Here is what each of the LEDs mean

System startup 4 led’s on, no CPU detected

CPU is detected 3 led’s on, memory not working

DRAM is detected 2 led’s on, VGA not working

VGA is detected 1 led on, unable to load OS

Here is the 'official' DFI way of clearing the CMOS, is this how you did it?

1. pull power

2. pull battery

3. clear cmos jumper for minimum of 30-60 seconds

4. replace cmos jumper to normal position

5. replace battery

6. replace power

7. boot to bios and load optimized defaults

Another thing you could try is clear the cmos.. Then before you press the power button to turn your rig on.. Hold the INSERT key and then press the power button while you are still holding down the INSERT key.. If it boots and you see the post screen then let go of the INSERT key and press delete to see if you get into bios

Tried everything you suggested..clearing the bios, putting one dimm in every slot and nothing attached but VGA,CPU and RAM....let me know if there is anything else i can try. also, i dont have an insert key on my keyboard, it is on the 0 key on the number pad...it this what i should press?