Sign in to follow this  
smelowen

What is Your Chipset Temp?

About my 68C, which has dropper to around 66C when I dropped chipset voltage down a notch. I can certainly see that all your temps are substantially lower than that, however how exactely do you deduct 'safe' temperature for the chipset. I heard some people getting responses from mobo makers about either 80C/100C limits, though it's hardly anything I could consider official. For me, at this temp I have not noticed any unstability problems so far. I will try to improve the air circulation in my case anyway, doing a front bezel mod on my Sonata.

Mine is stable between 41-43C with a fan speed around 2500 rpm. (I sound isolated my chassie yesterday and this foam that I thought should increase the temp hav

What is the max temp for the NB?

I just replaced the stock chipset cooler with the Evercool VC-RE and a little Artic Silver 5, it got rid of the air raid siren fan noise and dropped temps about 8c to load temps of 40c after conversion.

I think the dual cores put more stress on the chipset and usually have higher temps. Another thing after the change is that my cpu load temp dropped 2 to 3c as well, for whatever reason.

Mine gets to around 50*C. It seems to make no huge difference whether I upgraded the TIM or not. i use Artic Silver Ceramic intead of he more popular AS5.