Sign in to follow this  
smelowen

What is Your Chipset Temp?

What can i do to lower the temperature of my chipset which is at 52 C with juz passive cooling

Mine is brand new today and idles around 40 with passive cooling. see sig. CPU idles at 30.

You have active cooling(meaning you have a chipset fan on the HS)

Passive is with no fan.

Some people have noticed a difference in replacing the stock thermal padding on the chipset HSF with AS5 or similar. Angry has some posts with step by step instructions and pics. If this doesn't help try moving your vid card to the other PCI-E slot (make sure you move your jumpers). Lastly, a lot of folks have upgraded the fan. Do a search on all of these items and you'll see a lot of info is out there.

I also subtituted original loud NB HSF with passive heatsink (homemade=1/2 of AMD Box + half a day work!) but nor problem with overheating neither so high values yet

idle/load 40°C/47°C

CPU 40c

PWM 42c

CHIPSET 43c

Air temp prob around 18-22c.

That's at 100% load running [email protected], stock AMD cooler for CPU.

Running two 7800GT's which may affect cooling due to the spamtard chipset placement.

Idle:

CPU 33c

PWM 37c

CHIPSET 42c

You have active cooling(meaning you have a chipset fan on the HS)

Passive is with no fan.

Look at my sig. The Zalman 47J chipset cooler has no fan. Chipset 40 at idle, with CPU at 30. New build with new AS, so subject to change.

Before I added AS5 (with the original HSF) my temps were about 52C @ idle. After adding AS5 and keeping origianl HSF, my idle temps are 45-46C. I currently have my side cover off with a small window fan blowing directly on the chipset. With the fan on, temps are 36-38C @ idle and 42C load. I have not tried switching my 7800gt over to the other PCIex slot. My room is upstairs and normally the room temp is 75-78F. I will be adding a cieling fan sometime soon, so that should help out also.