Sign in to follow this  
lena

Can't get USB2 to work

It seems that all of my USB 2 ports are recognized as USB 1. I need to transfer 80 GB worth of data from my portable harddrive, and with USB 1 this will take days :P

I have USB 2 enabled in the BIOS, and I'm running WinXP Pro with SP2. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Did you install the USB2 drivers off of the CD? If so, you will need to go in, delete the USB host controllers and reboot for Windows XP to redetect the ports correctly as USB2

I remember installing all of the necessary drivers from the CD that came with the mobo. I decided to pop the CD in and take a look anyway, and see that there are no drivers listed for USB 2. Is there a place I can get these online?

CD says just USB drivers and says >chipset driver. Open the CD not (auto run )r and you will see USB drivers open that folder and install. :)

Do not install the USB drivers off of the CD. They are not for WinXP.

Please follow the directions I have posted earlier. They will correct your problems.

Whoa I completely misread your post the first time. OK I did what you said and it seems to detect USB2 just fine... But it still seems ridiculously slow. Is there a way to measure how fast it's actually transfering or something?

Thanks for all the help by the way :)

Did you install the USB2 drivers off of the CD? If so, you will need to go in, delete the USB host controllers and reboot for Windows XP to redetect the ports correctly as USB2

Ace if you downloaded the 6.67 whol drivers form guru are these ok for the usb drivers?

Thanks,

Prostock

No USB drivers are present in the nVidia chipset (WHQL or not) drivers.

Windows XP SP2 includes the drivers for USB2. ;)

Publisher Description

Windows 2000/XP (64-bit)

Audio driver version 4.62 (WHQL)

Audio utility version 4.51

Ethernet NRM driver version 4.82 (WHQL)

Network management tools version 4.85

SMBus driver version 4.48 (WHQL)

Installer version 4.77

WinXP IDE PATARAID driver version 5.52

WinXP IDE SATARAID driver version 5.52 (WHQL)

WinXP IDE SATA_IDE driver version 5.52 (WHQL)

WinXP RAIDTOOL application version 4.82

Ace if you downloaded the 6.67 whol drivers form guru are these ok for the usb drivers?

Thanks,

Prostock

No. WinXP USB drivers are what you want to use. For some reason, just about everyone who has ever installed USB drivers other than what comes with Windows has problems.