Sign in to follow this  
whovous

Eff Six

New build is in my sig. Have everything but the case. Survived the trauma of looking over and noticing my CPU fan stopped running.

I booted from the Windows CD. When it said to press F6 to install SATA drivers, I did so. It ignored me. I rebooted to the Windows CD and started hitting F6 just as soon as I heard the CD start spinning. It still ignored me.

What next? I've not tried finding another keyboard. Are there any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

are you using a usb kb or ps2?

i always use a ps2 input while doing a fresh install.

i am not sure, but there might be a setting in the bios for the kb to work in bios or os...

gl

Its a PS2. My regular keyboard is a USB wireless, and that did not seem like a good idea for a new build, so I had someone find an old Dell QuietKey for me to use. Other keys seem to work, though I guess there are not that many keys needed in the early days of setup. I have been able to do things like set the clock in BIOS, as well as run Memtest from there (a cool feature I did not know it had!). Zero errors so far.

I take that back. I just switched the monitor over to the new build and on pass two I noe have 133 errors. My next step will be to wise up and test one stick at a time. The spreaders were fairly hot when I pulled the stick.

Pardon me for being OT, but whovous, how does your video card fit with the ZM-NB47J chipset cooler??

It doesn't. Not even close. I've moved the 6800GS to slot 4 and set the jumpers to SLI. Way too soon to tell if any of this makes a difference or not.

You should not need to hit F6 if you are only using a single drive.

Are you saying I do not need SATA drivers, or that it will get from the floppy without prompting me? I did not hear the floppy churning, if that counts for anything.