Sign in to follow this  
Thorstein

no boot :(

the motherboard is striped bare with only the 4p and 24 pin psu in and front panel connected, when i hit power on the chipset fan takes half a spin then holds and my ram led lights up.

i have build a few computers but this here is anoying me as its brand new parts :sad:

64 bit amd 3500 +

550 w psu

then again dose it matter when you cant get a bare motherboard to work ?

The PSU can matter a lot, as can your BIOS version, etc. The more information you provide, the more chance there is that someone may notice something.

What exactly is your PSU? Wattage does not tell much about a PSU.

Did you try it outsude the case on a static free surface?

it a power 550w psu, no didnt try it outside and i havnt got the slightest idea what the bios is at since the thing wont boot up.

im kinda . with forums as im dyslexic so meh poke me if the infomation is missing

Hi

Well do you have the possibilty to test some other ram sticks I must say my experiences with Elixir memory has not been nice :). Ohh and what brand is the Psu ?.

Menty

Hi

Are you placing your ram in the correct slots? Download the manual at DFI website and check it. it's better than the printed one.

U could also have a faulty cpu, have you tested it on another motherboard?

Check also cpu cooler and chipset cooler connections to the psu.

well, its a power silent 550w psu, nope only got those 2 elixer sticks (they have lasted well over a year) or some sd ones.

any way im going down town to my sweetshop to see if they can fix it i have lost my patience