Sign in to follow this  
Daedalus

RDX 200 Problem

Hi everyone, my first post.

Right received this motherboard yesterday with a Sapphire X1800 XT 512mb Graphics card, but ive got a problem.

When i get it connected and power it up, the 4 LEDS do the test, but the last one for VGA detection will not go out, all the rest do, eg ram is fine, CPU fine etc..

Then after a couple of secs they all come back on again, and it starts the process again, but while doing it again i think it is powering off as its found a fault as the CPU fan slows and stops.

Couldn't really say if it was powering off as when i saw the CPU fan stop i paniced and quikly pressed the power button in to power it off fully to make sure.

Now i am using the Geil Valu Ram PC3200 2x 1gb sticks, now i have those in the first 2x dim slots the yellow and pink, now someone on another forum said they had the same problem with the DFI Ultra D, the VGA detection light would not go out so same problem as me, he said he just swapped his Ram into different slots and it worked, suggested i try putting them in matching coloured slots eg, 1 and 3 are yellow so put them in those ones, or try 2 and 4 which are pink, or just try 1 stick.

Anyone have any ideas on this please, also which slot does the gfx card have to go in, i have tried both, but got the same problem, so going to try the Ram in the different slots as suggested, just wanted to know if anyones had a similar problem, or has any more things i could try.

The CPU and Ram are fine, as i have had to rebuild my old rig using them to get my PC back up and running, the only things that are new are the motherboard and graphics card.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to give as much detail as possible.

Thanks for any help on this. :)

Oh im using a 20-24 pin adapter, and have also got the 4 pin one plugged in the correct place on the 8 pin one for the CPU regulator.

Pkease read the rules. You need a full description of your computer in your sig.

First, 20-24pin adaptors = Bad.

Second, there are no Pink Dimm Slots...... Your Dimms should be in the same colored slots, Preferably the Orange ones.

THird, what power supply. WIll it even run the power hungry 1800XT?

Thanks for the heads up on the sig, my PSU is the GlobalWin SuperSilent 520w.

Yes sorry about that, the slots looked pinky to me, was in a hurry, slot 1x is Yellow, Slot 2x orange, slot 3x yellow, slot 4x orange.

As i said i put the Ram in the first 2x dimm slots, which are yellow and orange, also an update, i took my graphics card to my local shop to be tested, and it is working fine.

Thanks for the tip on the PSU, looks like im buying a new one then, so you think i should put the ram in slots 2 and 4, i.e the orange ones.

Thanks. :)

Yeah will do, thanks. :nod:

Ive got 2x sticks of the same stuff in the 1gb, 2x 512mb sticks as well kicking about somewhere.

Right i looked at the specs of the board on the DFi site, and it says for 1x graphics card put it in PCI-E slot 1, as that operates at 16x, the other only operates at 1x, so slot 1 is the one lol.

Also do i need to plug the keyboard, mouse in etc... as well, as they were the only things i hadn't connected, as i was just making sure that all the LEDS went off before i started on putting it all together.

Thanks.

I had a similar problem when trying to install to a single hdd on the sil3114. The disk they supplied didn't work for the windows setup. I ended up downloading the sil3114 drivers from silicon image and it worked after that. Hope this can help.

Well im going to attempt the re-build again today, hope it goes well this time, and it was indeed that i had the Ram in the wrong slots.

Will update later on, either from the new rig (YAY!!! :nod: ), or from a re-build of my old one again (BOO!!).

:)

Hi everyone, im on me new RIG!!!, the 2 orange slots 2 and 4 were the ones, so thanks for all the help. :nod:

Got just a couple of problems now, if i go into my BIOS and change settings, and save them, after i click Y to save, it resets but just hangs, so i have to press the restart button for it to come back on, but the changes have been saved.

Also sometimes windows won't boot, i get a flashing cursor at the top left of the screen, and have to restart again for it to work properly.

Had problems installing the RDX200 Chipset drivers, would'nt do it, kept giving an INF error, and saying try changing the adapter to a standard VGA one and try again, so i just did a custom, unselected the CCC, WDM, and the Display one, so all i installed was the Southbride/IXP drivers, then i just installed the CAT 5.11's.

Seems to work, but just ran 05 and got 8,204 which seems low to me, and also ran 03 and got 15,318 on there.

Anyone got any ideas about these little probs, and if my 03 marks are ok, not sure about the 03, but id say the 05 is deffo low.

Im just using the standard 1.0.0 version of 05 if that makes a difference, i know theres a couple of patches out 1.1.0, and 1.2.0, so should i install one of those.

Thanks. :)