Jump to content

Bit Torrent, latency issues.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I was wishful thinking. The firefox extension did nothing for my problem :mad:

 

Jesse,

I went to the Azureus wiki http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page and looked at what you are doing. I was using standard ports 6881-6999. I then changed the ports to non-standard, using http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/..._is_blacklisted as a guide, and then used http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/..._download_speed and http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Good_settings among other things. I had to make sure my box's firewall was set up correctly and that my router was port-forwarding the new UDP/TCP ports correctly. I changed my BT port to 49510 TCP/UDP first, then changed my box's F/W to allow those ports, stopped Azureus, then changed my router to port forwarded 49510 TCP/UDP (of course turning off 6881-6999 exception I had in there), and then started Azureus, and checked the NAT checker, and got GREEN, then you hit the apply button, you cannot go forward unless you have green at this point. Stopped Azureus, started PeerGuardian2, then started Azureus again, it works. However, because PG2 http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/ is blocking/protecting alot of IP address, my D/L's are slower, I sometimes get red faces instead of green, but I'm safe and that is all important in this day and age. I'm getting a couple of smiley faces which is OK, as even one green face means your setup is working. Port 6969 does not change as far as I can tell.

 

Look at your UPnP plugin on Azureus, it should look something like this:

 

UPnP::SSDP: ignoring loopback address /127.0.0.1

UPnP::SSDP: group = /239.255.255.250:0/eth0:NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport-/Your.IP.Addy.Here: started

Mapping request: UDP tracker client port (UDP/49510), enabled = true

Mapping request: Incoming Peer Data Port (TCP/49510), enabled = true

Mapping request: TCP Tracker Port (TCP/6969), enabled = false

Mapping request: TCP SSL Tracker Port (TCP/7000), enabled = false

Mapping request: UDP Tracker Port (UDP/6969), enabled = true

Mapping request: Distributed DB (UDP/49510), enabled = true

 

You do have UPnP enabled in your router?

 

Although my BT/Azureus was working OK using 6881-6999, I following the WIKI instructions and it works fine on high numbered ports (you must stop and start Azureus a few times, even reboot the box a few times) using ports about 49000. Remember not to use any ports previously assigned by http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long story short, I think it was my router.

 

I apologize to all those who told me otherwise.

 

I forgot that I used a motorolla wireless router before, and never had problems with it. Now I just got a WRT54G and it seems to have solved all the problems.

 

Some of you told me so. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long story short, I think it was my router.

 

I apologize to all those who told me otherwise.

 

I forgot that I used a motorolla wireless router before, and never had problems with it. Now I just got a WRT54G and it seems to have solved all the problems.

 

Some of you told me so. :)

 

Well, you got me off my butt and now I'm using non-standard ports just for the hell of it. Works fine, just a little bit slower. I'm even using PG2 now. So, good things come from all sorts of directions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...