Sign in to follow this  
Jesse

Bit Torrent, latency issues.

It sounds like a port-forwarding issue to me, try opening all ports(6881 - 65536) in the router to 1 specific IP address(i.e. 192.168.15.XXX)and in network connections enter the information manually:

192.168.15.xxx

192.168.15.xxx(default gateway)

then ur DNS info:

207.85.66.xxx

207.85.66.xxx+1(if thats what it says in ur status-->support page)

to be extra sure uninstall TCP/IP, reboot, and then do what I mentioned above.

Also you could just be connecting to crappy trackers...

h

It's not a port forwarding issue. And its not crappy trackers.

Like I said, I have used these same settings on other computers using the same local IP. Every program is preconfingured to my .100 IP, which I am using.

Also, I have already reformatted numerous times, so reinstalling TCP/IP wouldn't change anything.

I think what I'm going to do is reinstall onto a non-raid setup and see what comes of it.

Okay so bad news :(

I'm posting now from a fresh install, with all the latest drivers (sound, network, video, raid, sata, ide). This time, I'm on a 120gb PATA drive. Bit Torrent is forwarded just like it is supposed to be, and the issue is still here.

BT closes, and about 10 seconds later I can make new connections like nothing happened.

Pretty much the only thing I have not tried to change yet is my RAM. I'll do that now, and see what happens. Sigh.

Okay so bad news :(

I'm posting now from a fresh install, with all the latest drivers (sound, network, video, raid, sata, ide). This time, I'm on a 120gb PATA drive. Bit Torrent is forwarded just like it is supposed to be, and the issue is still here.

BT closes, and about 10 seconds later I can make new connections like nothing happened.

I even just tried changing out the ram to see if it was a freak problem. But nope, no dice.

Raid is no longer hooked up at all. Different ram is in. Different HD is in.

All this leaves are the 3 main components of my PC -- the motherboard, the processor, and the video card. Now, its more than likely the motherboard. But it is a 64-bit chip. Do I need to install some 64-bit driver? Could that possibly have anything to do with it?

Or am I going to have to shitcan this board and go with an ASUS? :( Very low on options here.. Grrrr.

download this

backup your original settings

set your connection speed in the general settings tab

select the appropriate network adapter

select optimal settings (bottom right)

make sure MTU discovery is on, or 'yes' in this case

apply changes and reboot

if this doesn't help

look through the speedguide forum here?

the speedguide forum is excellent for solving networking problems

(i really think its something like your default settings not working with your router, it seems windows is making different settings for your network adapter as mtu discovery is disabled and the fact that it doesnt work properly)

GL!

Jesse.. Before any claims are made about issues with the board itself, it should be noted that under the circumstances, it definitely seems to be a software/os side issue. Many (and i mean MANY) experience the same type of issues with Bit Torrent (and specifically, BitComet).

The official site for BitComet has a forum link in which you can see some very useful information as to settings, etc.

Well I've used all the same components before, less the motherboard, gpu, case/Psu and cpu. And with these components all the same windows settings were the same, and I didn't have this issue. So that said, I highly doubt it is a video card or CPU issue. That leaves two things. The PSU, and the motherboard. More than likely it would be the motherboard than the PSU. So you be the judge.

I think this might also happen when I am joining popular online games such as BattleField 2.. as if my computer can't handle all the connections. I've disconnected and had to rejoin the game after JUST joining it, numerous times.

I think this might also happen when I am joining popular online games such as BattleField 2.. as if my computer can't handle all the connections. I've disconnected and had to rejoin the game after JUST joining it, numerous times.

My MTU is set by default 1492, but for me to use Explorer it had to be reduced to 1350, this is because im with AOL, @ 1500 i would not be able to open my home page, @ 1492 i could open 50% of the web that i visit, but @ 1350 everything is perfect! this may not resolve ur problem but as you have tried everything else you have nothing to lose! goodluck!

I have been having this same problem for months, where I can not d/l more than three torrents at a time, while streaming media to other rooms, without experiencing a network freeze. In most cases, I would awaken the next morning to find torrents frozen at 0 kb and no connectivity. I had to power cycle my Linksys and sometimes reboot to regain connectivity, every morning.

Before I switched to this current setup, I was using the onboard NIC on a MSI k8N neo with a Linksys befsr41 rev1., and Windows SP1. I never had a problem with anything.

With my current setup I have tried both the Marvell and NF4 NIC's, they both freeze. I went and got a 3Com giga NIC and it does the same thing.

I notice with SP2 for XP32 and SP1 for x64, both OS's limit the concurrent connections (Error 4226 in event viewer>system) to 10, as a worm detterent. I have applied the patch and upped the concurrent connections to the old standard of 50. Still freezing.

So for my final attempt at throwing money at this problem to make it go away, I purchased a new router.

I just today received the Dlink DGL4100, I will let you guys know if the problem was my Linksys.

I don't think it is a router issue, since I've experienced it while connected straight to the net from the modem.

With Bit Torrent, if I limit the connections per torrent to 10 it doesn't give me the issue (as often anyway). So lately I've just been downloading one at a time (which is probably a better idea anyhow). But, when I'm playing a game like BattleField 2 with more than 30 players in it, I lag up when connecting and even disconnect and have to rejoin the game again. Pretty frustrating since I built this comp to be able to play online games haha..