New Cooling Company

Montol

How goes it all.

Just leafing through the local computer magazine here (The Monitor) and I came across a new ad for a cooling company I've never heard of before. Did a little bit of web browsing, seems no one knows of them yet.

They're based right here in town, so I'm gonna see if I can get a bit more information. Looks like interesting stuff, to say the least.

The part that really caught my eye though was the little quote they had in their ad

TecWind is a computer hardware firm which manufactures the most effective CPU cooling systems and other computer related accessories.

I emailed them asking them about it, and they claim to be comparable to the top of the line stuff (SLK 900U and MCX462).

I'm gonna try to get my hands on some of their stuff, since there's a local dealer. See if they can hold up to their claims.

TecWind products

Well hopefully I'll be able to provide you with a bit of info soon enough. They're just waiting for them to get in stock. Sometime next week I should have something for ya.

They say the Zen is all new technology, and then Hyper Pro and the Arctic are comparable to the SLK and the MCX respectively (with the fins vs pins).

I don't have a P4, so I wouldn't be able to test the V-Pipe at all.

can a moderator contact the company and try to get some samples for testing?  that would be great,  also,  if they cool better than the rest,  I would get one!....

I already contacted em - so if the folks here at OCC want a review, maybe I could ask permission to the mods to use the thousands of avid overclockers as a bit of collateral for the company. I'm right in town, so I wouldn't even have to wait for shipping :) . I write a little column for the Monitor too whenever they decide to send me something, which isn't very often. Still nice to be able to say 'Hey I do reviews' though.

That cracking dies thing sounds fairly frightening though. If I do get one, remind me to read the manual a whole bunch of times before doing anything. Which goes completely against my nature, but oh well