Sign in to follow this  
ToneC

Should I get X-Fi?

Hi all,

I'm thinking about treating myself to a Creative X-Fi Platinum. I've spotted one for £99 and am sorely tempted. I'm aware that some folks are having issues with this card, but not ALL.

Do you have a X-Fi? Does it work? Are you happy with it? Does the sound really kick arse?

I'm most looking forward to BF2.

Thanks.

The X-Fi is the best sound processor on the planet.

I sounds incredible.

You're most looking forward to BF2? Well there is a special X-Fi Audio option in BF2 that you can use to make it sound even more kick butt! :nod:

Buy it, there aint no better.

3d midi is cool! So is the 3d headphones! I can't believe I haven't watched a dvd with my x-fi yet and i've had it for about a month! But yes the sound is awesome! If you can get a good deal take it!

Btw if someone has a Platnum drive from an x-fi that they don't really need I would buy it for a reasonable price, pm me or something. I want to beable to decode 5.1 dolby digital from my xbox and in a while xbox 360.

Despite limited feedback I went and bought it anyway. Awaiting delivery.

Thanks you guys.

It's a HUGE improvement over the Audigy 2 ZS...

BUT, it seems that some nForce4 users have experienced some troubles with the X-Fi cards that utilize the X-Ram memory (the Fatal1ty FPS and the Elite Pro). Just do a little research to see if this is going to be a problem for your chipset/mobo before you buy these golden eggs. My personal recommendation would be to stick with the X-Fi XtremeMusic. This is the lowest priced X-Fi card and has incredible performance, clarity and output. I don't think the exorbitant price that you pay for the other three models justifies the additional features...

Definitely get the X-Fi XtremeMusic, though! It rocks!

Peace out.

It's a HUGE improvement over the Audigy 2 ZS...

BUT, it seems that some nForce4 users have experienced some troubles with the X-Fi cards that utilize the X-Ram memory (the Fatal1ty FPS and the Elite Pro).

Actually the problem is just the opposite. The cards with X-ram work fine. It's the low end models that have conflicts with the NF4 bios.

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/bo...essage.id=26289

In reference to the Fatal1ty and Elite Pro boards: people have been having performance issues playing Battlefield 2 with the X-Fi enabled. It looks like the cmss-3d headphone settings are to blame.

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/bo...essage.id=32566

rendus, you are right, I stand corrected. I guess my confusion stemmed from the fact that I have the XtremeMusic version and never had any problems at all. It works flawlessly for me. I am using the 6.70 nForce4 chipset drivers and the 623-3 version bios for my DFI Lan Party UT NForce4 Ultra-D mainboard. I bought my X-Fi card from NewEgg in the last week of September, so maybe I got one with an updated EEPROM.

Sign in to follow this