Sign in to follow this  
dietcoke

Crossfire? Doesn't work!!

Hi guys! My first post from Italy!

Great board, but a lot of problems!

Cold Boot From Bio Exit first of all... I hope in a new bios!

Cpu [email protected], 303*9!!! :tooth:

Great result i think!

But...there is a great problem!

I have a Sapphire X850Xt Master card and a GeCube X850Pro as slave...

Both cards works perfect separately..In each PCI Express Slot...

But if i put both cards on the MB, crossfire doesn't work!!

If i enable dual slot, the master card on PCI-E 1 works perfect, the slave card starts, the fan runs at maximum speed, and windows doesn't boot...

If i disable dual slot, the master card on PCI-E 1 works perfect, the slave card starts, the fan runs at maximum speed, windows starts but doesn't findthe slave card. Fan runs always at max!

If i put only the slave card on PCI-E 1 or 2, the system boot, GPU's fan starts at max, after few seconds it goes to minimum speed because the temperature is low, and the system runs perfectly!

This happens even i link the two cards or i don't link them...

I tried to set PCI-E 1 and 2 from 1X to 8X but no positive results!

I think to upgrade GeCube X850Pro bios...it could be a solution?

But the card is certified as Crossfire ready!

Or i must try to upgrade even sapphire bios??

RDX200 is a great board i think, but if Crossfire doesn't work...whi i bought it??????????????????? :sad: :sad: :sad:

Guest dodo

the fan cooler going to fullspeed at boot and than back down is normal - will happen on any board.

CF problems - went thru a whole bunch of problems a week ago...lol

What drivers are you using for the X850s? I'd recommend u- and re-installing the ATI Chipset drivers and use ATI cat 10.

Can you see the enable crossfire option in catalyst control center when teh two cards aren't linked?

The mastercard must be in slot 1 !

the fan cooler going to fullspeed at boot and than back down is normal - will happen on any board.

You've not understand...

If i install two cards, the GPU fan of the card insert in the PCI-E slot 3 runs ALWAYS TO THE MAX SPEED! It happens when i enable on the bios dual slot configuration...and windows dont' boot...

It happens too when i disable dual slot configuration..In this case the fan run always to the max, windows boot up correctly, but don't recognize the second card!

And if i don't plux che auxiliary power of the card insert in the PCI-Slot 3, the system boots up regularly, instead of freeze and bip that i don't plug it!

CF problems - went thru a whole bunch of problems a week ago...lol

What drivers are you using for the X850s? I'd recommend u- and re-installing the ATI Chipset drivers and use ATI cat 10.

Can you see the enable crossfire option in catalyst control center when teh two cards aren't linked?

The mastercard must be in slot 1 !

With two card and dual slot/crossfire enable from bios, windows dont' boot up!!!

This are my first posts in this forum, but i am not umprovided and I know what to make in order to make to work the system if all the cards work correctly!!

Guest dodo

Dietcoke - sorry for the misunderstanding - I have had 2 crossfire boards and was able to run X850XT CF and X850PRO together.

I see 2 possible scenarios :

1st scenario:

The driver has to reset the X850XT CF to 12 pipes in order to allow crossfire - something is going wrong there with your CF card and screws things up and doesn't allow you to boot into windows - or simply because of a driver conflict, corrupt driver etc.

When enabling Crossfire - does Catalyst Control center tell you that you have too reboot in order to adept the memory size??? ( or something along the lines?)

2nd scenario:

Your board is bad - or there is a setting in the bios that messes everything up for you. I am not sure what this setting could be or whether there is even such a setting.

I'd rather think it's either in your cards/ driver - or a bad board.

I was able able to run the X850XT + X850Pro in crossfire on to different boards - but ran in MUCH bigger problems later...

It works...great..!!!

I don't think that it was necessary a fresh windows xp installation..

I tried to install crossfire on my old system..and it doesn't works....

Now i0m writeng from a fresh xp installation..and it works perfectly!!! :dog:

Same problem, have tried different slot configurations, no help yet from dfi or ati online tech support, must be a bios or driver problem, buying such a new m/b guess problems to be expected, wonder if anyone has a stable cf system! Have seen new bios and drivers dfi web site, but no explanation of upgrade, always been hardcore asus m/b guy, but wanted ati, graphics are so much better, hopefully things turn around!!

Same problem, have tried different slot configurations, no help yet from dfi or ati online tech support, must be a bios or driver problem, buying such a new m/b guess problems to be expected, wonder if anyone has a stable cf system! Have seen new bios and drivers dfi web site, but no explanation of upgrade, always been hardcore asus m/b guy, but wanted ati, graphics are so much better, hopefully things turn around!!

hi, guys:

I am still playing with my X850 crossfire.

Pretty much got this new system set properly and my X850 is now running with 16 piplines.

I got my screen capture here, and interesting thing you might notice,

I flash the BIOS back to 10/11 one, and it still works.

saw some of you were having problems with crossfire setting, just wondering if you guys still have problems with crossfire?

I will be glade if my information helps.

I solved it by repairing Windows. Windows obviasly doesnt recognize the new grafik hardware. Thanks a bunch for all info.