Sign in to follow this  
OSKAR_WU

4 LED problem setup information ...

i can report the same exact problem as you guys. I get that freeze a lot. My system is prime95 stable and never hangs or crashes once i get into windows, but it hangs a lot during post just like in that pic.

However, what i found is...if you kill the power to the board, aka turn your psu off for 10 seconds and turn it back on, the board posts pretty much on the 1st try.

Weird and scary, that's why i RMAd this board and getting the nf4 sli-dr expert.

me too MaxT :)

My sistem is Prime95 stable with HTT 280 MHz (18 hours of Prime95)... but only when I can enter in the OS -_-

...or better... when this board permit me to enter in OS -_-

I need to collect you guy's bios setup to duplicate the problem ...

First please download the tool

http://oskarwu.myweb.hinet.net/RDX200/WinReload.rar

Execute it under windows enviroment then

1 . Sellect Backup button

2 . Select Current

3 . Give it a file name ex : bioscurrentsetting.txt

4 . Reply with your detail hardware combination and attach this file for me to reload your problematic bios setting here ...

I'm having both the Bios quit 4 leds... problem as well as a random freeze like shown in the screen photo above by Tiger. I get both of these problems when at stock settings or while overclocked.

4 leds problem: I click and hold the reset button for a second, everything is fine after that till the next time I run the bios. Still using the bios that shipped with the board.

System hang prior to OS boot: I simple hit the reset button and all is fine. once or twice I had to reset a couple times in a row before I could load.

I'm running a Seagate 250GB SATA drive as my primary with two Seagate 80GB IDE drives as secondary drives on the primary IDE.

I'm using an Antec Truepower 2 550W PSU and only using a 4 pin 12V plug as it does not have the 8 pin.

Sofar the PSU is fine. I suspect I'll need to upgrade to an 8 pin PSU once I go crossfire, but that isn't going to be for a while!

Anyways. If you need any more information...let me know!

O.

The problem i am having is that whenever i restart at all, my system hangs at the 4 leds. So i am having to reset my cmos everytime i want to restart. I have flashed my bios with the 11/2 build as well.

Specs:

Athlon 64 3200+

Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400

OCZ Powerstream 520W

80 gig WD 7200 rpm

30 gig WD 7200 rpm (backup files)

sony dvd-rom/cd burner

I've not had any problem with the 4 LED problem since I've updated to the 11/02/2005 BIOS, and I've probably saved data to the CMOS upwards of 40 times after flashing to the new BIOS.

Hardware config:

3700 san diego @270*10

OCZ 3200 el rev.2

PCI Gforce2 :nod:

2*200gb maxtor diamondmax 10's

OCZ powerstream 520w

Oskar,

Your download link is unavailable. My RDX200 has these lockups and problems during boot aswell. Besides those annoying problems the board is really nice.

-k0nsl

First BIOS release was trouble.

Second beta BIOS is better with 4x512MB Bh-5 chips, but still alot of 4 leds, and a whole bunch of system freezing during boot up.

Problems I encounter:

-Long delay at 2 leds, system continues after CD-ROM drive led is out..

- system hangs after exiting BIOS

- system hangs during POST

- system hangs during verifying DMI Pool DATA

- system hangs After ADAPTEC 29320A SCSI card checks for drives

Winbond UTT, OCZ PC4000 VX is hardly stable on this board as well. Can run 1T for 5 minutes with 4x512MB installed.

System specs:

OCZ Powerstream 520W

FX-55 + Vapo LS

4x512MB OCZ PC4000 VX / 4x512MB BH-5 Corsair/Twinmos

X850XT

SCSI RAID

Maxtor 250GB SATA

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7

Samsung DVD/CD Combo drive

Lite-On DVD/R 8x drive

I just got one board which may have the same problem as you guys even at all optimized and non overclocking setting ... If possible , try to leave the board along(still powered on) for a while when 4 LED is on and see what happened in the next ...

I just got one board which may have the same problem as you guys even at all optimized and non overclocking setting ... If possible , try to leave the board along(still powered on) for a while when 4 LED is on and see what happened in the next ...

hi Oskar Wu,

Absolutely nothing...

I left the board active for 10 minutes, and nothing to report... the same 4 red leds

What about the other more serious problems of the board reported by other users? ->

This problems are more serious than the other, because they don't permit us to reach a stable configuration.

thx in advance :)

Bye

hi Oskar Wu,

Absolutely nothing...

I left the board active for 10 minutes, and nothing to report... the same 4 red leds

What about the other more serious problems of the board reported by other users? ->

This problems are more serious than the other, because they don't permit us to reach a stable configuration.

Bye

Looks like a different situation from the result here , I will keep trying to duplicate the problem ... sorry for this problem ...

hi Oskar Wu,

Absolutely nothing...

Bye

Exactly the same problems here :confused:

What I also notice, if I set in BIOS "Power On By Keyboard" to "Any Key" it will never save the setting. If i go back to BIOS it´s always at default setting by "Button Only"

Sorry for bad English ;)

I hang on and F10 BIOS exit every time.

I hang on cold boot on a dos-like screen to select boot device and my USB keyboard doesn't respond.

I can't run my PC3200 any higher than 166 MHz stable.

Hi Oskar :)

how are you? :)

Are there any news or a roadmap of your work?

If you can give us some info we will appreciate, but if not, no problem ;) at the moment I have reached good solutions to give more stability at my system :sweat:

I hope the new Bios for this great MainBoard will be available soon... I'll wait your precious release with much interest.

Btw good work Oskar and see ya later :nod: