Onboard LAN not recognised in device manager

Just setup my new PC (check sig), and after installing winXP w/SP1, I went to update my USB2 device, and noticed that one of my ethernet adapters hadn't had it's driver installed (this was after installing NF4 chipset drivers). I let windows auto-detect and it could not find the driver. Meanwhile, my other ethernet (LAN2) works fine.

I also seem to be having problems with the onboard karajan sound. Microphone input seems to be fine (voice recorder does show an input is detected), but I can't get any audio out of any port. Since the mic input is working, it's safe to assume the sound unit is correct seated in the board...

Suggestions? Can both of these be enabled/disabled in BIOS? Using latest NF4 drivers (6.70) Any advice appreciated, thnx in advance

The unknown device would be the Marvel ethernet adapter drivers which you will find on either your Lanparty CD or the DFI download section for your motherboard.

As for the sound, make sure the blue jumpers on the Karajan Module are set up correctly for rear speaker output, refer to your User manual for this :)

Actually backwards I believe.

You need the driver for the Nvidia network bus enumerator installed for the Nforce4 Lan chip to be detected (Lan1). (Shows up as other pci-bridge device before driver is installed IIRC)

The driver for this is on the DFI CD that came with the mobo. The Marvell should have been detected automatically.

Actually backwards I believe.

You need the driver for the Nvidia network bus enumerator installed for the Nforce4 Lan chip to be detected (Lan1). (Shows up as other pci-bridge device before driver is installed IIRC)

The driver for this is on the DFI CD that came with the mobo. The Marvell should have been detected automatically.

Well, he said he had installed the nforce drivers which should have installed the ethernet drivers unless he unticked them during installation.

for some reason the driver from the nvidia sites dont set up the network bus enumerator correctly in my experience. I've only seen the ones run from the DFI CD work.

IDK why but when I tried it, it didnt work. Thats why I know about this problem :)

But yes both drivers are on the CD. So basically, installed the ethernet drivers from the DFI CD first, then upgrade to whatever forceware drivers you want and both will be detected properly.

thnx Mekrel, both suggestions worked a treat (karajan didn't have the jumpers in correct position, and Marvel onboard LAN now detected and installed)! I owe you...

:)

and thnx to everyone else for their feedback, much appreciated!