Trouble with new SATA RAID

Your problem may not be with drivers, I have experienced this in the past with unattended Windows Distributions.

Try burning your CD slower than what Nero tells you the disk can handle, also try with track at a time setting and determine maximum speed.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we are on the right track with that, no offense, because it's not just the Nlite CD that fails, Windows XP SP1 SP2 Windows XP 64 using the floppy drive and about 5 different driver disks fail in the exact same way. I've used the floppy method with the DFI drivers 6.66 6.70, older versions, versions from the NVIDIA website, every method fails at Windows is now Starting screen.

I don't think we are on the right track with that, no offense, because it's not just the Nlite CD that fails, Windows XP SP1 SP2 Windows XP 64 using the floppy drive and about 5 different driver disks fail in the exact same way. I've used the floppy method with the DFI drivers 6.66 6.70, older versions, versions from the NVIDIA website, every method fails at Windows is now Starting screen.
Try to increase the RAM voltage step by step for 0,1 Volt within GenieBIOS. I had a similar problem and I could solve it by increasing the voltage of my RAM sticks.

Good luck!

Fernando

Hmm, well I am running at 2.7v up from the stock 2.6v for about a month on my PATA drive with very good stability in 3D games and Windows. I suppose I could try that once but Im not sure how it would help if my system was near 100% stable before and installed Windows easily before.

Hmm, well I am running at 2.7v up from the stock 2.6v for about a month on my PATA drive with very good stability in 3D games and Windows. I suppose I could try that once but Im not sure how it would help if my system was near 100% stable before and installed Windows easily before.
What is about the RAM timings? Have you ever tried to enhance the RAS>CAS latency?

It's running on tight 2 2 2 5 RAM timings, but I tried using optimized defaults which have very loose timings and it did the same thing.
Have you tried to set the RAS>CAS Latency on 3 instead of 2?

A Raid system need other timings than a non-Raid system.

I increased the voltage from 2.7 to 2.8, and I set the RAS>CAS from 2 to 7, same results.
So this will not solve your problem as it did in my case.

As I have seen in your signature, you have 1 extra PATA drive. Is this your booting drive?

Yes I boot off the PATA drive currently, I want to boot off the RAID. If I disconnect the PATA drive from the system I get the same results.
When you tried to boot from your Raid array, have you done a low level format before (to have a really clean hard disk drive array)?