Trouble with new SATA RAID

I've had this computer in my sig for some time and decided to add a RAID to it. The computer is 100% stable booting off the PATA drive.

I can not get windows to install on my new RAID setup. I followed Angry Games guide, and I made a new xp sp2 CD with nlite so that the 6.70 nforce drivers were integrated into the win xp cd, I also tried the included driver disk and several others.

What happens is, when I boot off the cd it gets to the line Windows XP is now starting with the blue screen, it will hang for about 2 minutes and then crash with a BSOD no matter what I do. Someone else was having this problem on here, but they fixed it by loading optimized defaults and enabling ACPI as well as selecting ACPI PC with F5, but this does not work for me. The drives work in a RAID booting off my old PATA drive, but Windows is a no go for them with the PATA plugged in or not.

I can't figure this out, can't get Windows past this point with anything. I've tried 64kb stripe and 16kb stripe, windows xp sp1 and sp2.

Thanks for your help

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Please refer to http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=51140 for integrating nvidia mass storage drivers into Windows. Many thanks to Fernando for that post.

Make sure you are running 4.84 raid bios (you should see the version at boot)

Make sure you are running Nlite RC3 (fixed a bug with integrating drivers)

Also make sure you are integrating the either Legacy OR PATARaid folder as these folders contain all files for the Raid and ATA controller.

I am running the 4.84 RAID BIOS and I created a 6.70 Integrated XP2 CD using that webpage using the LEGACY folder, same as before. It gets to Setup is starting Windows and hangs, the screen just before where you partition your drive.

I used RC3 of Nlite.